Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler fires up when heating off in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello. Wouldn’t if someone could help.

I have a boiler Downstairs in utility with a separate hot water cylinder upstairs in en-suite.

hot water is turned off at the controller, central heating is on at controller but thermostat is below room temperature. boiler is still firing up and running, 2-3 radiators close to the boiler are warm but rest of the house is off.
Is this due to a sticking diverter valve.?

kind regards and Thankyou for any advice.

2 port or 3 port? Could be the valve, could also be the stat

Thankyou for the reply. There is 2 valves. Both 2 ports I think. I have limited knowledge of this sorry.
I assume the stat is okay as it’s just a Honeywell analog stat. Does click on and off okay. When on all radiators warm up but when off they all cool down apart from a couple that are staying constantly warm.

have attached a photo of the airing cupboard where tank is.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 7
Thankyou for the reply. There is 2 valves. Both 2 ports I think. I have limited knowledge of this sorry.
I assume the stat is okay as it’s just a Honeywell analog stat. Does click on and off okay. When on all radiators warm up but when off they all cool down apart from a couple that are staying constantly warm.

have attached a photo of the airing cupboard where tank is.

Yes you have 2 2 ports my friend, one for HW, the other CH. This is an electrical issue somewhere so advise you getting a competent guy/girl around. Firstly I'd be checking in the wiring centre to see if stat is actually shutting down, if it is I'd be checking if the end switch is sticking keeping a live to boiler.

Reply to Boiler fires up when heating off in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the outputs goes to a 2 port diverter prior to the Megaflo (I believe this is some safety feature). I have run into an intermittent problem where some...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always amazed at the water pressure so on the odd occasion that the water was only luke warm it was easily forgiven, but over time we have come to realise that...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this could be as a result of us noticing the sound more when there is less environmental noise). Unfortunately, it is severely disrupting our sleep, so we...
Replies
Views
R
Hello its my 1st post hope im in the right place We brought a new house a medium-large 3 bedroom semi, we moved in the summer. Now coming to winter we started putting the central heating on. The central heating has a mind of its on it’s really strange iv never experienced this We put the heating...
Replies
Views
B
Issue with boiler short cycling in system with hot water tank. We have an ideal heating logic heat2 h15 boiler which feeds a hot water tank upstairs in the house. We have an issue where if the boiler isn’t set to 80c then the boiler will short cycle, the hot water tank thermostat is set at...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock