Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler fault F 20 in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone, I have problem with my boiler
HEAT LINE CAPRIZ PLUS 28
I have error code on screen F 20
In manual instructions is
F 20 : Overheating fault , Overheating safety device activated (97°C)
What I should to do ?

Lukas, Hemel Hempstead

Pressure in the system above 1 bar ?

Pressure is going to rise when it's on and working. Could be a number of things... faulty pump being one, best get someone in for a proper diagnosis.

Air lock turn all but the closest rad to the boiler off on the trv (helps if it’s higher than the boiler) then turn the heating on but turn the temperature down on the boiler (heating)

What boiler do you have ?

Also two tanks in the loft one big one and a small one?

Guys so plumber said pump needs replacement, I found one from ebay it says compatible
My pump
Grundfos UPS0 15-50 PN 98376839
Ebay
Groundfos
UPS0 15-60 PN 59506281
Power and all specs are the same

I have other vendors confirmed even bosch one would work. What you think, price from ebay is very good

I don't think buying cheap 'compatible' boiler parts from eBay is a good idea. Only genuine manufacturer-approved parts should be used inside a boiler IMO.
Well there is not stock anymore for specific boiler model I have and this one was confirmed by boilerparts.co.uk
"Only genuine manufacturer-approved" aren't they from the same manufacturer?

What’s the boiler ?

Ouch cheap boilers are always expensive on parts, if pump failure has been diagnosed then it needs replacing I'm afraid , truthfully it should be carried out by a GSI the casing forms part of the room sealing from products of combustion,
Once the pump is replaced refilled and vented the whole boiler and it's safety devices need testing and a flue gas analysis done 👍. Kop

Reply to Boiler fault F 20 in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock