Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler drip after turned off in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone.
I have had my Central heating on for a while but I switched it off last night.
When I got up this morning there was a patch of water under the boiler and the pressure had dropped but not by much.
I have established it is dripping from the pipe with a red tap marked CH flow.
Any ideas what may be causing this?
The boiler was serviced last May if this matters.

Thanks in advance.

Could be a number of reasons, can you upload a photo for clarity
Sure. Thanks Stu.
The red tap on the left was the place it was dripping from, more from the pipe connected above the tap as opposed to the actual tap.
IMG-20200330-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20200330-WA0000.jpg

I turned it off this morning after being on for almost 24 hours and there has been no dripping today.

Get it stripped & cleaned & use some plumbers mait which is a non setting compound,
Goes on the threads, roll it in your hands like you used to make plastercine worms.
Will seal it no probs,
Trim off excess after tightening up.
Job done

Expansion and contraction of the pipework can cause leakage is the pipework bracketed ? it looks like the leak is from the flow connection above the valve this has a fibre sealing ring which has possibly failed or it may simply need a tighten ? Good luck keep safe . Kop

Reply to Boiler drip after turned off in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock