Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler doesn’t want to listen to (Hive) Thermostat in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

J

James HG

Hi - this is driving me nuts and I can’t figure it out so any thoughts welcome.

The hive receiver at the boiler is correctly receiving a signal from the thermostat to turn the heating on - but then… nothing! This definitely isn’t a hive communication issue given (a) the hot water via hives works perfectly; and (b) the receiver light turns on.

It looks as though there are two motorised valves. When the hive hot water turns on, the motorised valve activated and the boiler fires up. But when the hive central heating turns on, the motorised valve does nothing and the boiler doesn’t fire up. I am therefore thinking that the issue is somewhere between the hive receiver and the motorised valve that controls the heating flow. Does that make any sense?

If so, does anyone have any suggestions on how to go about resolving? I’ve checked the wiring - in particular into the hive receiver - and nothing is lose.

Any advice much appreciated!

Have you tried turning the whole lot off for 5 mins then turning back on

Normally, for both heating and h/w, the thermostat (in your case Hive) switches the motorised valve, and the motorised valve, when completely open, operates an internal microswitch which supplies power (via the orange wire) to the boiler.
The Hive doesn't power the boiler directly, as I guess you already understand.
Sounds like the heating valve may be the problem - either not getting power, jammed, or motor packed up etc.

PS If your valve has a lever to manually operate it, have you tried pushing it fully over to see if the boiler comes on. Only on some valves does the lever go as far as operating the microswitch, so this is not a conclusive test!

Reply to Boiler doesn’t want to listen to (Hive) Thermostat in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock