Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler cycling when system up to temperature in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,

can anyone explain what causes a Honeywell Ultracom 24hxi that works as expected when the system is cold, but when the system gets up to temperature the boiler starts to constantly cycle and fire quickly every 30 seconds or so.

- When the system is cold the boiler will fire for a period of time, then there is a long pause as the hot water is flowing around the system.

Has some sensor broken or something, I’ve had a plumber service the boiler without finding an issue...

Reply to Boiler cycling when system up to temperature in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I have a Glowworm Ultimate 35C boiler. It shuts off at its max temp of 60C when heating radiators and the pump carries on running pumping heat round system but it seems to let temperature drop at least 30 degrees before burner comes back in by which time radiator temperature has dropped...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, I have a challenge with a Main Eco Elite 30 Combi which is short cycling on the CH. Water works fine. As soon as you have call for heat, the boiler fires up, modulates, but jumps very quickly (about 30 seconds or so from 40'ish all the way to 70, burner disengages putting it the...
Replies
Views
B
Issue with boiler short cycling in system with hot water tank. We have an ideal heating logic heat2 h15 boiler which feeds a hot water tank upstairs in the house. We have an issue where if the boiler isn’t set to 80c then the boiler will short cycle, the hot water tank thermostat is set at...
Replies
Views
R
Hi, The outlet of all my radiators are at 55°C, but the boiler keep showing the Return Temperature is 60°C (and keep raising at 1°C/min rate) Also the flow temperature keeps going up above the set point and when it reaches +5°C above the set point, the boiler shuts down (even before the room...
Replies
Views
Renato
R
Hello, I have a ferroli falcon 2 boiler (yes it is pretty old). A few days ago the hot water started going hot and cold when running. Monitoring the boiler, the demand light works fine. When the water gets up to temperature every 10 seconds or so, the boiler stops for a fraction of a second...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock