Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler condensate into dedicated stand pipe - is it safe? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have read a few posts on here discussing sharing a washing machine stand pipe for the boiler condensate pipe and the risks of washing machine waste water backing up into the boiler etc., but I recently seen something that I can't find any discussion on so thought to start one.

It was a combi boiler installed on the wall, directly above a stand pipe, with the trap above the floor and exiting out of the wall into the next room and then into the stack.

Not seen it before and I thought it was quite nice and tidy, no risk of freezing, no external factors to consider and gave me ideas for other properties where it could be a good way to do it.

The condensate pipe came straight out of the boiler and into the open stand pipe.

Question is, does this comply with all the relevant regs/guidance?

I understand that the condensate pipe is technically part of the flue, so given that it is going into an open stand pipe, is there risk of POC gas being vented inside the property, and also will the boiler produce enough condensate to prevent the trap from drying out?

Any thoughts appreciated, thanks.

I wouldn‘t have thought it would be permitted as yes technically the condensate pipe is part of the fluing system and if the condensate trap ran dry, then products of combustion (POC) could enter the room where it’s located.

It’s ok aslong as the internal trap is the correct seal normally says in the manufacturer instructions can be installed via an internal air gap etc

Reply to Boiler condensate into dedicated stand pipe - is it safe? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock