Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler broken and using immersion heater for the first time! in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all! Need some newbie advice please...

I have an unvented system boiler set up and the boiler has broken down due to pressure loss (engineer coming monday) I have switched off the boiler. The hot water cylinder has an immersion heater element, is it simply a case of turning the element on at the mains switch to heat the water? Does the cylinder fill it self from the cold mains automatically?

Any help would be hugely appreciated so we are able to at least have a hot shower!

regards!

I was just concerned about whether the immersion element would even work as its never been used - as it happens we do have warm water this morning.

wrt the boiler its a valiant ecotec plus 637 - its thrown up the error f75 but the analogue pressure gauge is in the grey (OK) zone - assuming its detected low pressure and that the pressure gauge could be faulty i've tried to add some more water, when i do this i can't hear a strong gush of water from the valve and the pressure gauge is not rising much despite adding the water. Ive then switched the boiler back on and the lcd is saying 2.9bar pressure, its trying to light but the flame icon doesn't come up on the LCD - i let it cycle 3-4 times but no flame icon, so i gave up and switched it off again.

2.9 bar pressure on that boiler won’t fire it up. F75 is usually the sensor inside the boiler or a stuck pump, both of which would need a gsr engineer. If you’re able to drain any water out to bring the pressure down, sometimes you can just reset the boiler and it’ll fire up, but this is only a temporary solution.

Reply to Boiler broken and using immersion heater for the first time! in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have read of hot water cylinders being heated with a dual element immersion heater. The main principle being that a shorter element heats the top of the tank and then, subsequently, a longer element comes into play. With a bath/sink switch the longer element may be disabled. The topic of such...
Replies
Views
After some advice, i have recently had solar panels fitted and have an Eddi which uses the energy we generate to heat the cylinder using the immersion heater. Just wondering if there are any devices that can circulate the hot water in the cylinder so the immersion heater heats all the water...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a tank Bradford White 50 gallon gas hot water heater for a 1700 sq ft home with 2 1/2 baths, HOWEVER, I am only one person living there. It was installed in March of 2015 so it is 8 years old. I believe life expectancy for a typical hot water heater is around 10 - 12 years so I...
Replies
Views
I have just had a new boiler and 210 ltr unvented tank fitted in the loft to replace a very old Baxi back boiler. I have now fitted a Solic 200 diverter to utilise all the spare capacity from the 3,84 Kw Pv system on the roof. This has only just become an option as the old existing tank did not...
Replies
Views
Background 24 apartments are equipped with thermal stores of (100 to 150 litres) with immersion heater capability. Individual demand of each apartment for domestic hot water varies greatly in timing and volume. Thus the oil boiler is required to work for long periods which is uneconomical...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock