Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler and or pipes persisntely leaking.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,

My mother had a Worcester combi boiler fitted just over 10 years ago and in the start it was a great comfort, unfortunately there have been leaks pretty much every year. She does have insurance cover with Swalec and each time they are here they say the boiler is one of the best and she is just unlucky. The last 10 days along though she has had two leaks from the pipes under the boiler and each fix took the plumbers up to 2 hours, plus the last fix now has all the pipes clunking loudly when the water taps are shut off quickly.

I was hoping someone may have some advice on what I should do and what I may say to Swalec to fix the issue?

Thanks in advance.

As it is a combi i would expect a shock arrestor to be fitted to the incoming cold mains pipe.

It usually looks something like this -

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/reflex-expansion-vessel-shock-arrestor-0-16ltr/8199v#_=p

Altecnic Water Shock Arrester 525040

This absorbs the shock load when 1/4 taps are quickly turned off or a washing machine closes the cold fill valve suddenly causing a shock load in the system.

These are designed to reduce/eliminate leaks caused by repeated shock loading to the system over a period of time.

You may find that one of these will reduce future problems with the boiler,

Thanks,

Andy

I would agree with Andy. Shock arrestors are rarely fitted, despite Worcester recommending there use.

Faced with a 10 year old boiler with repeated issues, I would suggest you get someone else in too take a look. It may even be time for a new boiler, depending on whether the boiler or pipework is at fault.

Reply to Boiler and or pipes persisntely leaking.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock