Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler and hot water tank position in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I am looking at getting a new boiler with an unvented hot water tank.
The positions available to me are limited by the fact we are part way through a very slow self build extension and the discovery that a previous extension was built over a gas pipe meaning that we have to have Cadent out to move the meter position and also our current boiler is very much on its last legs.
The most convenient positions I want are for the boiler to go in the garage and the hot water tank it the loft. Will this cause any issues with performance? Are there any other downsides to this arrangement?

Not really just depending on cylinder orientation it might need a de strat pump eg horizontal cylinder

Also check with your structural engineer that the roof / base is able to take the weight

The weight of it is an important factor
Room for maintenance and eventually replacing
Cables between the boiler, cylinder and controls
Keep pipework well insulated
Pipe it with a balanced cold for showers and mixer taps

Reply to Boiler and hot water tank position in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock