Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler advice - can you use a system boiler on an open vent system? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

I have a boiler problem I hope someone on here can help please.

I currently have an open vent gravity feed system and a 10yr old boiler which is showing signs of terminal "kaputiness". The boiler is dripping consistently now (although not to bad yet) although it is still working.

I am looking to upgrade the whole plumbing system to a sealed, unvented system in the next 6m or so and will be responding the boiler part of the big project (including bathroom replacement). Given the current issue with the boiler, I wonder whether it is a good idea to have the boiler replaced now in advance so that there is no risk over the winter.

My question is this: is it possible to run a system boiler with an open vented system?

Thanks in advance
Flapajack

Most manufacturers have boilers that can operate on open vent or a sealed system just by adding a expansion vessel and sealed system kit , there are ways to do it with a system boiler intergas , Worcester to name 2 contact your GSI for guidance . Kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191208-161041_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191208-161041_Chrome.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 8
Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes, I understand this is three case, especially if you are just using a standard boiler but can convert your open vented plumbing to a sealed one by adding the expansion tank.

With some of the specifically designed system boilers these days there are both an expansion tank and a pump built in similar to a Combi boiler. I presumed with this I can get rid of the CH/DHW pump currently in the airing cupboard as well as the need for a separate expansion tank?

Reply to Boiler advice - can you use a system boiler on an open vent system? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock