Search the forum,

Discuss bloody apprentice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
"i was only drilling a little hole for the loo roll holder and me drill disappeared!"

Makes me feel better about the time I stuck a 38mm core about a foot in the wrong place.

That there is some deep piling. Wonder how they expect to get it structually sound by Monday

probably shore the hole up and pour tons of quick drying concrete down the piling holes

I nearly did something similar once. We used to work for the post office and part of the work was repairing/installing post boxes. I'd got lumbered with going to take out a pillar box as my brother in law was stuck on a big job. These have about 2 foot below ground. I started breaking out round the box and hit a bit of reinforcing around 6" down. Cursing whoever had fitted the box I decided to work out from the box rather than back into it like I normally would. As I broke down I hit a metal flange welded to the box. As I cleared more away I discovered bolts in the flange. A thought occurred to me then and I walked along the road and realised how lucky I had been. The box was located above the entrance to the under ground car park and the bottom of the box had been cut off and it had been bolted down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to bloody apprentice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Evening all, Apologies in advance if this is posted in the wrong section etc! I took on an Apprentice for my business in February 2021 in the hope of getting a lad through & qualified etc. Unfortunately it's just not working due to a number of factors, Mainly it not being financially...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a bathroom for a regular customer. She is of old age and is starting to get a little clumsy and her son has asked me to look at the old gas fire/back...
Replies
Views
I had a history at my home with the oring failing on my tub spout leading to water leaking through the pipe opening in the wall. I had put new o-rings but for extra precaution I sealed up the space around the pipe with thinset. This was about 10 months ago. Now I’m wondering if long term this...
Replies
Views
    • Informative
Why am I not surprised? Britain’s gas network still using engines from 1960s RAF fighter jets Ageing aircraft turbines will cost millions to replace, says National Gas chief Jonathan Leake14 January 2024 • 5:49pm Mr Butterworth, chief executive of National Gas, says the network is powered by...
Replies
Views
We are an apprentice training agency and are currently are working with a young man who has been undertaking a Level 2 Plumbing Apprenticeship. He has been progressing very well and is extremely motivated and driven to move forward. The company he was working with have finished their project and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock