Search the forum,

Discuss Blocked saniplus, help!? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alanholburn

hi, im in a mixed shared house. and our sink, toilet and shower are all connectted to a sani-plus macerator. BUT its blocked.. and water is collecting in the shower, sink and toilet, almost upto the brim. we with it might be "girl problems" having blocked it.. and maybe got stuck in the blades.. but all 3 appliances blocked? is that something jammed in a pipe? + MAIN QUESTION: how much do you think it should cost to fix, realistically? thanks, alan

they are saniflow engineers that actually like touching these. You will be very lucky if anybody volunteers to do it. They just become blocked and thing wraps round the blades.

Id guess at a £100 call out charge at least

they are saniflow engineers that actually like touching these. You will be very lucky if anybody volunteers to do it. They just become blocked and thing wraps round the blades.

Id guess at a £100 call out charge at least

had one done a couple of months ago in london120 plus vat if memory is correct you can get the number from saniflow website

Depends where you are you dont need a saniflow engineer if the appliance is over two years old as the warranty has expired. Where are you geographically. I love sorting out sani's :D Put I do charge £55 first hour £30 there after.

Depends where you are you dont need a saniflow engineer if the appliance is over two years old as the warranty has expired. Where are you geographically. I love sorting out sani's :D Put I do charge £55 first hour £30 there after.
winston maybe you can tell me how to get the top back on a saniflow something ive yet to achieve which is why i leave it to those that do

it clips back over the two protrusions one each side just push it down

I live in Waterbeach just north of Cambridge, and have a blocked macerator, Can you help?

Hi,
i live in London my saniplus toilet is starting to make a funny noise, not yet blocked or anything, what can I do to keep it that way, what should I do to service/ maintain it? Also is there a saniplus plumber who is near to Camden, London, NW1 in case it ever goes wrong? Normal plumbers seem to run a mile, not be familiar with them, or don't know where to start,
regards, bernadettebaxter.

Theres a "im looking for a plumber" section on the forums i would think its best to put this under their on its on new thread ! Or if your kind enough the mods might move it over

Hi, do you ever come to work in London? I have a saniplus toilet, it's not broke yet, but I'm terrified of it breaking as no one seems to be confident with them, and you seem to love them:)
regards,
sharon

Perhaps there should be a 'Sanihelp Section' - its a marvelous invention, on the tele it answers
all the customers problems. In practice the users shudder everytime they flush the things.

One of our customers never has any trouble with hers - she has a beautiful embroidered
framed notice in her 'under the stairs w.c.' consisting of 4 lines which all rhyme ending with
the last line 'only put poo and paper down my loo'.

centralheatking

no one seems to be confident with them, and you seem to love them:)

Dont know what gave me away ? I have worked with a few of them and have found baby wipes to be the root of all evil and if there isnt a check valve fitted that can be fun !

Can i be nosey aswell and ask how the first post is bernadette baxter and the account is bernadette but the second post is sharon ?

I don`t seem able to highlight the original posts so in no particular order, No disrespect to people on this forum who do know sani`s but to often I follow behind those that claim to so you can visit saniflo.co.uk and click on Find an engineer for your local approved engineer. Now If a sani is noisy with high levels of vibration as it operates then it`s usually either a wet wipe or a sanitary item in the cutting chamber and in time the motor bearings become damaged = New unit, if the sani operates as expected but "runs on" at the end of the discharge cycle and the sound changes to a deeper tone then 90% of the time the problem is limescale build up and a service visit will normally cure the problem but often the membrane requires replacing. One trick you can try before booking the engineer is 1 turn the sani off. 2 add liquid descaler and flush the toilet. 3 Wait 3hrs then turn the power back on and when the sani has stopped flush the toilet again. One word of warning though do not use a commercial strength descaler, B&Q / Homebase own or H&G do a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Blocked saniplus, help!? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock