Search the forum,

Discuss Blocked pipes whats the best way to go about this? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Illuminate

illuminate
Gurgling sound from basin when shower running, and water seems to be backing up shower when basin running a while. Shower running slow and when using a basic plunger on it backing up a lot of waste. Bottle trap cleaned out and part of the pipe work.
Should i install a bottle trap with antisyphon valve.
I was thinking to buy a better plunger such as a pressure gun version.

What is the best way to go about this?

Basic plunger best.
Block air from entering / leaving pipework while plunging.
Plenty hot water also.
Keep plunging.
Pressure gun a bit of a gimmick imo as chemicals also.

Reply to Blocked pipes whats the best way to go about this? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built downstairs shower room. Recently he had this downstairs shower room re-fitted/decorated. Quite a simple set up consisting of a sink, toilet and shower...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've not posted for a while, not a plumber, but a keen DIYer who likes to try and do things without bodging if I can. Basically I'm wanting to create a cloakroom toilet in our utility room, theres already hot and cold feed so thats one job made slightly easier, thankfully. The problem I'm...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with the experience I have picked up over a lifetime. I can make copper pipe runs isolaters taps sink shower etc but me and the missus have bought a small...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a few issues with my bath drainage and leaking. The first issue is that the near corner of the bath by the taps is sloped downwards meaning that it pools in the corner and quickly starts leaking through gaps in the shower screen onto the floor rather than into the bath. The rest of...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm currently doing the pre-planning for my next DIY project fitting a shower tray and enclosure from scratch. I'm confident of being able to do the job but not being a plumber not sure the best way to go about it so would appreciate any advice. The current upstairs room has a black waste...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock