Search the forum,

Discuss Blank required for kuterlite 1700 fitted with black 21.5 o/d alkathene in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a kuterlite 'T' fitting with 21.5mm class C black PE water pipe. I need to blank off one port. Can anyone advise what is required please.

What’s the od of the threads ?

What’s the od of the threads ?
IMG_5175.JPG

Please see photo of actual fitting. Thread o/d is a little over an inch(27mm) so appears the equivalent of a 22mm fitting(three quarters of an inch). This looks like it may have a tapered insert rather than other similar fittings in my 1970 house that have more thread showing so I guess olives fitted. Trying to avoid undoing the 50 year old union to try and answer my question and possibly cause a problem.

3/4 cap or 22mm blanking nut depending on pitch should work

Screwfix have them best to get a couple handy to have in your box

Just to bring closure to this I ordered a 22mm cap and then was informed that the seller was on hols until the end of the month. Took a punt on a 22mm disc as lots available versus very few caps. Worked a treat with a 22mm nut. Please see photo........
IMG_5196.JPG

If it’s one that’s shaped like an olive and you put a smear of jetlube on it, should last a long long time - as long as nut doesn’t vibrate loose.

I am coming back on to the thread to report that the disc as shown, fitted to 49 year old plumbing with no sealer, just brass to brass contact:) has worked perfectly so far.
As it is metal to metal and no immediate problem I would see this as a better long term solution than a cap with rubber seal where material degradation and possible loosening of the cap more likely.
I ended up having to buy 5 of these discs and they are quality items. If anyone else has a similar problem will post one out for the price of the stamp

Reply to Blank required for kuterlite 1700 fitted with black 21.5 o/d alkathene in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock