Search the forum,

Discuss Blacklisted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Gotcha

Gas Engineer
It is real and I am. For a month im applying to every single job that im qualified for. The agency that got me my last job that I kept for 2 years, wont even answer the phoen.
Im calling up job posters, its all sweet during the call, they just want my cscs and some other stuff and the job is as good as mine. I send the stuff then silence. If i follow up, theyre either waiting for the address from the site manager (so they want me to believe they posted a job without knowing the address), or they are waiting for the new batch of guys (im supposed to be one of them) to get the green light to be sent onsite (posting said job started next day), a lot of similar intelligence insulting bulloks, or no answer at all.
When I figured out ive been blacklisted, I applied for a few labourer positions to see if im right and couldnt even get those. I literally cannot get on a site for work.
Im going through my savings like i set it on fire. What do you guys reccomend I do? I cant remember doing anything bad enough to get me blacklisted. Im trying to figure out if going through a solicitor or employment tribunal could help me more, its obviously my last employer's handywork this.
Before it I had no problems getring a job in one hour or less, worst case scenario by next day. It is not a string of bad luck, you can tell its far worse. Feels awful and didnt even told the missus. She panics easily and something like this would freak her out, plus my 2 little girls must not see what a possible financial crisis might look like.

Might need to tell the missus, otherwise how do you explain where all your savings have gone? Or are you one of these who keeps them in the dark with money? How do you know your blacklisted? Is it financial or occupational?

Go self employed. Stop spending your savings and invest them. Might you be being paranoid? Maybe jobs are receiving tons of applicants and you are not at the top of the pile on this occasion. Up to you, but if you need money and can't get a job, what else can you do? Or apply for another sector apart frim site work?

I once heard that a lot of the jobs advertised are merely advertised to get a list of contacts. So no job but it's an employment agency building their books up for when a job comes in.

What makes you think you have been blacklisted the only time I've heard of someone not so much get blacklisted but they were bad mouthing their boss and took him to court over something stupid. The boss told a few people and obviously the word flew round and not 1 person would take him on.

As for hiding the fact your spending the savings dont hide it. People understand hardship but if you say at the point your about to lose everything it makes everything 10 times worse.

This is fact, friend who once worked in an agency told me around 50% of their jobs advertised didn’t exist.
This is fact, friend who once worked in an agency told me around 50% of their jobs advertised didn’t exist.

Maybe it was off you then on here lol. I know I went for loads and didnt even get an interview which in this trade if you have over 10 years experience you get interviews everywhere and thought it was odd

We are not judging you but you say you can't remember doing anything "bad" but that it's also your "last employer's handywork". Assuming it was a full-time appointment for the two years what happened with your last employer to make you think that might be the case? Talk of a tribunal indicates you think you may have been unfairly dismissed in which case you should probably persue it.

Last edited:
Put together a plan and speak with your Mrs. It’s coming up to the time of year when people try and turn their boilers back on. Buy some flyers cheap online and go sticking them through doors offering your services. You’ll feel better for doing something positive and it won’t cost a lot.

Third vote for a lot of jobs being fabricated, that or if big contracts are coming up you may have 5 agencies trying to provide staff for it. They will have to show the have prospective employees.

It is real and I am. For a month im applying to every single job that im qualified for. The agency that got me my last job that I kept for 2 years, wont even answer the phoen.
Im calling up job posters, its all sweet during the call, they just want my cscs and some other stuff and the job is as good as mine. I send the stuff then silence. If i follow up, theyre either waiting for the address from the site manager (so they want me to believe they posted a job without knowing the address), or they are waiting for the new batch of guys (im supposed to be one of them) to get the green light to be sent onsite (posting said job started next day), a lot of similar intelligence insulting bulloks, or no answer at all.
When I figured out ive been blacklisted, I applied for a few labourer positions to see if im right and couldnt even get those. I literally cannot get on a site for work.
Im going through my savings like i set it on fire. What do you guys reccomend I do? I cant remember doing anything bad enough to get me blacklisted. Im trying to figure out if going through a solicitor or employment tribunal could help me more, its obviously my last employer's handywork this.
Before it I had no problems getring a job in one hour or less, worst case scenario by next day. It is not a string of bad luck, you can tell its far worse. Feels awful and didnt even told the missus. She panics easily and something like this would freak her out, plus my 2 little girls must not see what a possible financial crisis might look like.
I'd get a website online. And a listing on this forum.

Do you do domestic stuff too like?

I've known quite a few people that run them and all jobs were legit. The firm your friend worked for was definitely dodgy lol

I agree with all the self employment comments, certainly sounds like a good option for you.

Don't let negative ideas like black lists fill your head and get you down, pretty stressful time being out of work with a family I known.

I've been on the other side of the desk, we've tendered for a contract part of which required up manning. There are probably three or four companies competing against us for the work. We and the other companies tendering approach two or three agencies. Suddenly there are 100 job adverts which are really only for 7 jobs. I've even had the same CV's/guys from different agencies.

Keep plugging away and it will come good, try to stay positive.

Reply to Blacklisted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock