Search the forum,

Discuss Black valve in image in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello, I would like to know going by my image supplied if that black valve is open or closed? I would also like to move it so I can dangle the power cable so it doesn't touch anywhere near that hot pipe.

Is it normally left in this position?
[automerge]1582538148[/automerge]
As you will see I have it pushed out slightly with a swab, but I would prefer to have the power cable dangle freely, it's a logic combi boiler esp1 35

Attachments

• _20200224_002841~3.JPG
    _20200224_002841~3.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 6
No your fine as it’s double insulated

I would have thought heat resistant cable as well.
The boiler manual states 3 core PVC insulated, my understanding after reading some online info was that through time if the cable has been leaning against a hot pipe it could well harden and crisp the cable wire after a number of years.

Well invest in a few cable ties and secure it away from the pipe for peace of mind.
To be honest and as per my image there's not much cable length, though I'd already cut a swab and inserted it in place which pushes it away from the pipe.
Other course of action is moving the valve, upping the cable away from its current position, opening the valve again and I'll see what options I have then.

It should be ok. But if your concerned, you can install a short piece of foam pipe insulation and cable tie the wire to it.

Reply to Black valve in image in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock