Search the forum,

Discuss Black Steel American Pipe in UK? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

J

JohnL

Hey,

Random Q but hopefully someone on here could help and it would be very much appreciated!

Im looking to build myself this - [DLMURL="http://youhavebrokentheinternet.blogspot.com/2011/04/handmade-coat-rack.html"][you_have_broken_the_internet]: Handmade Coat Rack[/DLMURL]

Apparently its American Black Steel piping with threaded ends.

Could someone direct me to a place on the internet to purchase some lengths, corners and what appear to be the feet? Thanks for any help!

John.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can make it up with 1/2" British low carbon steel screwed fittings - I have seen them like this before, but it won't be cheap to do. Any large plumbers or pipeline merchants will supply the bits. You will, of course require a pipe threader and pipe stand with vice to put the screw threads on the pipe in order to fasten it all together (You can probably hire them from a local hire shop if you dont own them).

Last edited:
Not so strange, when I installed a fitted wardrobe 20 years ago I used 3/4" iron for the coat hanger rails held in place with munsen rings.
It's still doing the job all these years later.

the only caveat I would add is that the paint finish isn't good and the coat hangers will cause it to flake off.

Some info about american pipe, same size as british, american thread (NPT) is compatable with British (BSP) up to 2" after that it wont fit.
Agree with WHPES all fittings available at BSS and the likes but ask around, you may have a friend of a friend who knows a pipefitter who might have some bits and bobs in his shed left over from a job

One place I worked at years ago had a similar made stand which was used to hang the overalls on.

Reply to Black Steel American Pipe in UK? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock