Search the forum,

Discuss Black oily bits in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Goldie3443

Afternoon all.

We are getting black oily bits coming from the hot water only in the bath. We have only plastic pipes. Boiler has been checked out and is all ok and in good working order. Can anyone help to get to the bottom with it. My wife is due to give birth in 8 weeks and she can't rest till its done.

Thanks
Please see photos below

IMG-20170305-WA0008.jpgIMG-20170305-WA0000.jpgIMG-20170305-WA0006.jpg

Looks like bacterial growth from the picture plenty of mould removers on the market will remove that ,if its in the hot water system it needs a deep clean of the system any coldwater storage tanks need draining and sucking out residue with a wet and dry hoover wiping out with blue roll ,refill the system you can add sterilizing tablets to the storage tank and let them dissolve flush the system through 2 bathfulls. Then another 1 when cylinders hot should remove any nasties , if its a combi turn hot water up as high as it wiill go and run a bath full of water drain and recheck it should clear then cheers k

Last edited:
Up date. We have had a new bath and taps fitted and still having the problem. It's a combi boiler no water tank. We keep running the hot water and it's still coming out. It isn't coming out of the sink or the shower so could it be a joint corroding? Any help will be great
Thanks dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Black oily bits in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

C
Hello there. I wonder whether anyone could suggest what may be the issue with the hot water in my bathroom. I have asked four different plumbers who have come to the house to do work and none of them had a clue. Basically, when I turn on the hot tap on the bath, black bits come out in the...
Replies
Views
CharlieMcT
C
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this could be as a result of us noticing the sound more when there is less environmental noise). Unfortunately, it is severely disrupting our sleep, so we...
Replies
Views
I live in Azerbaijan and am looking to revamp the water system in my house. The first thing is that I don't have a water meter - probably a good thing as my mother in law pours tonnes of water on the garden in summer, mostly watering weeds as she can't tell the difference from grass. But the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler. Initially we thought the boiler may stay in place but after discussions with the builder we would have to move the boiler to replace the floor and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some urgent advice. I've Just come home after going out for evening, to discover hallway floor and kitchen floor covered in water. On further inspection I discovered that water was coming from boiler cupboard. On looking in boiler cupboard I found boiler has started leaking water...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock