Search the forum,

Discuss Black cable on stat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gerard17

Hi all was fitting a new boiler today but when I was taking the old boiler out there was this black cable which went straight out the boiler to the the room stat. The room stat already had a live, neutral and earth from the boiler but don't know what that other black cable was for. Is it a permanent live?

That'd be the s/l then...

They never normally have 1 of those is it because its not a combi stat?

Multi meter I've got a multi tool.

A multi tool? I used to use something called a multi-tool to turn up the gas valve on my SA-80. What type of multi tool is yours?

I've got a 2, a Swiss 1 for when I go on my hunting trips and I've got a dremel 1 for little awkward cuts and stuff.

220px-My_swiss_army_knife.JPG < Swiss Army Knife (Multi-tool)
220px-Digital_Multimeter_Aka.jpg < Multimeter.

U couldn't be botherd going to the van to take a pick of ur multimeter. Lol

U couldn't be botherd going to the van to take a pick of ur multimeter. Lol

No need, it's right here because I was putting a new 9v battery in it.
Multimeter_for_Swiss_Army_Knife_engineer 001.jpg

Didn't even need to get my Swiss Army Knife because I just used a neon.

Now Now! Manufacturer's instructions, electrical test meter, Head scratch?

water cooled so barrel didnt melt and no I have some at home still, brollie stand. you dont want to try catching the used cases, v hot and concussion from gunfire would scramble the old brain cells, fired 65 rounds in succession once :) all the tiles in the bridge ceiling fell out, woke up ships company (did firings at 0530 so we didnt upset planes coming into Kaitak airport in hong kong) and spent a lot of tax payers money in doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Black cable on stat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I’m looking to install the above. Atm I have an older one fitted (old wireless thermostat and old receiver that’s wired into my combi boiler. Pic below shows how my current one is wired, live neutral and would the 2x black wires be switch wires and would matter what way they were wired in? My...
Replies
Views
Hiya fellow gas engineer. Need some help on this boiler fault. Went out to this E133 Error on a Potterton Titanium 24 (GC: 47-393-39) I checked the inlet standing pressure which was at 25mb. Boiler attempts to fire and the pressure drops by 1mb but the gas valve doesn't open. Checked the black...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. Pilot light extinction problem on an old Myson Economist has been traced to a faulty overheat limit stat. It's a Ranco LM5P8037 which is now obsolete. It's a 2A 30mv 110 degree stat with a coil inserted into a pocket on the flow outlet. Will any other Ranco limit stat with similar...
Replies
Views
Following on from my question about monitoring F & R temperatures, I needed a measuring device because the overheat stat. frequently trips and then needs to be reset. It normally happens when the boiler has switched off and is no doubt due to the hot water rising to the top of the boiler, but I...
Replies
Views
My living room smells like a sewer but I can't tell where it is coming from. Not sure where to start looking. The saniflo discharge pipe runs above but there is no sign of leakage on the ceiling. The main drain run from the manhole at the back runs under the kitchen, which has a solid floor...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock