Search the forum,

Discuss Biomass schematic in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chalmers7

Folks can someone explain why / how this system works from what I see the boiler can heat direct to system but once the demand from the system is off the excess heat goes to the buffer tank.is that correct. This is on a Kunzel biomass set up.

also is the thermomix valve set to 60 degrees or higher or lower???

image.jpg

Hi, did you sort this issue out, i'm not familiar with the Kunzel theory of how it should work but this is certainly not the way we would pipe up a biomass system. and yest we would look to set the shunt mixer valve to 60 oC on our boilers, again speak to Kunzel as to what their boilers should run to before they switch to heating mode.

Most pellet boilers require 55deg back end protection, but this would be down to the manufacturer to stipulate. If you go too low the boiler guarantee would be void.

Interesting that no safety valves are shown on the schematic... careful placement will keep the system safe.

Good Luck.
Wes

Hi
Sorry to hijack the thread a bit, but does anyone know if/how these Thermomix valves are cleaned?
I think I have a problem with mine as the pump is not circulating to the buffer tank (I've replaced the pump which was knackered too but new one has made no difference!)
I can find next to nothing online about this!
What I'm going to try, when the system cools a bit, is to try to remove the cap on the right hand side and see what's in there. I'll post a pic in a bit.

i dont think your hijacking this thread :50:.im not sure about thermomix valves, we always use esbe 3 port valves. some photos would be good.

Last edited:
Valves sometimes have mesh in but a real system has a strainer either side. U can clean it when in use by fully opening and closing at full flow rate . But take it off and unscrew cart. There may be crud on the top of the seat preventing lifting of the valve. They generally default to cold side

Looks like what you said is right. Heats direct or heats buffer. Would make sense to heat buffer then pull heating out of buffer! Although I've seen one system that uses a biomass to preheat a 6" header
in the morning the. Change orientation and heat a buffer in another room. I guess there is no limit to what can be done.

we always pipe into then out of the buffer, as this way you always have a heat store.

The schematic is of a buffer system how the majority is done in Europe not to be confused with an accumulator system.

That is an accumulator system. we would only use this type of system if fitting a log boiler as it needs somewhere for the heat to accumulate after the heating demand has gone. A buffer system is basically a heat store between the boiler and heating circuit and would be used in most woodchip or pellet systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Biomass schematic in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock