Search the forum,

Discuss Biomass Boiler Re-Rating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worcester

Esteemed
Plumber
Interesting news from Froling and a few others the other day that they are planning to offer a re-rated version of their 199kW boilers at 205KW (same boiler, different badge) as the the tariff for 200kWth - 1MWth was not subject to degression and is now higher that the up to 200kWth :) !!

5.18/2.24 vs 4.40 / 1.17 !!

The games people play :)

A number of supplier had already de-rated / re-badged to be below 200kWth and below 50kWth, so these are just re-badging games.

Saw this coming the moment the digression was annouced. Annoyingly it will just mean oversized boilers going in to compensate and lead to quicker digression of both tariffs. Biomass truely is a gold rush game at the moment.

We fitted 2x995 Herz boilers that came with a rated badge of 1005 kW and a badge from Rural Energy rating them as 995kw. The Froling TX200 already comes as a 250 and is badged down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Biomass Boiler Re-Rating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, First post here, so please be kind! I am currently having a lot of trouble with air and related noise in my open vented heating system. Long story, with lots of things tried already, so please bear with me… Firstly, a photo of the heart of the system in the garage as it is today (lots...
Replies
Views
T
Hello, we was told by an engineer our water flow rate was 10 litres per minute. I just wanted to know whether or not it makes a difference to the cost of running the boiler or any other difference if a new boiler was installed with a higher flow rate than this e.g we were recommended the...
Replies
Views
terry345
T
W
Hi there, I have an old boiler/water tank installation in my flat. I'd like to change it with a new system in order to save space and get ride of some water tanks. I have a 2 cold water tank one supplying cold water and flush in the bathroom and a cold water tanks supplying a hot water cylinder...
Replies
Views
Danny100uk
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock