Search the forum,

Discuss Biasi Combi troubleshooting voltage at pcb in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having problems with my old Biasi Riva 32 He combi.

I am getting an ntc flue temp sensor lockout error code. I had a spare sensor and replaced it. The spare was used (from a previous time the boiler was throwing up error codes) but was not broken and the resistance checked out ok. The exact same fault is still occuring. I've ordered a brand new probe just in case, but I don't think this is the root cause.

While doing some checking with my voltmeter yesterday I found that the PCB has 36v instead of 24v on the fan circuit.

I am unsure if this is Biasi having an off day and using a different transformer, or if a fault could occur to give 36v. If the fan is getting 50% more voltage, could it's speed be effected and could this in-turn affect flue temperature (which I think this error code is related to).

If the manual says 24v, should I expect this exactly?

Gas Safe Registered?

If so send your details to admin so you can gain further assistance.

Not Gas Safe Registered?

Stop tinkering inside a combustion appliance and call a professional registered gas engineer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Biasi Combi troubleshooting voltage at pcb in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I have a britony combi se 80 with fault 40 60 80 had british gas out to repair under homecare cover but they can't seem to repair it. They have been out 7 times so far and fitted a new pump heat exchanger air pressure switch and a pcb. Does anyone on here know what else could be the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am currently having issues with an Ariston Combi A series boiler giving an E08 - "No water in primary circuit" error code, the circuit is holding water pressure fine, the pump runs and seems to have a bit of force behind it and I have replaced the pressure sensor but the problem persists...
Replies
Views
Hi, Have a Valliant Ecotec Plus 637 system boiler that is showing no error codes and S.0 (no demand for heat), but it is not heating. Have checked that it is receiving switched 240V heat demand from controller into PCB, so believe it's just a boiler issue. Boiler was working fine up until...
Replies
Views
    • Funny
    • Optimistic
Hi, I've got a ferroli 901 boiler, I initially thought the pcb was at fault so bought a new one and I'm having the same problem ( has been connected correctly), I switch the boiler on, all correct leds light up, pump starts, fan starts, pilot fires up, then it shuts down, all lights go...
Replies
Views
J
Turned the system from hot water only, to hot water and central heating the other day. After it working briefly, it has now stopped all together. The display isnt showing a fault or anything - it is just blank. After reading the service guide that came with it - I am confident there is power...
Replies
Views
James Middleton
J
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock