Search the forum,

Discuss Betacom 28 issues / F23 in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi. I've been having issues with a betacom 28 not delivering hot water.
I spent around £600 on it last year and had numerous components replaced. The heating element was clogged up with sediment from within the system and this along with some other bits was replaced, the system was flushed and inhibiter and an inline filter installed.
It worked alright for a bit but then it's been hit and miss. I lost hot water for a week or 2 then got it back, then lost it and this has repeated.
I completely lost it again a few weeks ago and have replaced the diverter valve, the pressure switch in the hot water side and the impeller which had no blades left on it and was assumed this was the issue. Hot water has worked great for a few days and the heating has also felt hotter than it has for a while but now it's on and off again.
The hot water comes on and the boiler fires up. Delivers hot water for a bit then shuts off. It'll deliver a load of cold water then fire up again. This will repeat or it'll go into fault 23.
Can anyone offer any advice on what to try next before I either replace or go and spend a load more money? Had I known my bill was going to be £600 last year, I'd have replaced it then. I'm reluctant to fork out for a new boiler if there is an easy fix after the amount I've spent and replaced.
Central heating doesn't seem to have any issues, it just seems to be on the hot water side but I'm not sure what else I can replace. Any diagrams as well as advice would be appreciated.

Assuming combi boiler, could be a few things, first easy one is to check both isolation valves underneath are open.

Reply to Betacom 28 issues / F23 in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock