Search the forum,

Discuss Best wetwall to use - too much choice! in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

J

JohnTap

Hi - planning a bathroom renovation - I've been overwhelmed by the amount of wetwall types (acrylic, plastic, laminated mdf) and from hundreds of manufacturers. Could any of you pro's give me your opinion on which manufacturers and which type is the best to use. Much appreciated - John.

I personally don’t recommend any of them, or fit them. If a customer wants them, I walk away from the job.

Seen too many leaks.

I will always stick with tiles.

Now, I’ve not fitted a wet wall system, so do not have the experience with them to back up my opinion.

Would also like to hear people thoughts on them.

Why have you decided not to tile?

No pvc

I only use ply core- which for me means I use Mermaid.

However have recently use their Elite panels, excellent outer laminated with a ‘plastic’ core - I found it to be good. But background d surface needs to be flatter than for ply cored . Also the plastic core doesn’t take a screw so need to get timber noggins in correct places for fixing to - so overall I prefer the ply cored boards.

I personally don’t recommend any of them, or fit them. If a customer wants them, I walk away from the job.

Seen too many leaks.

I will always stick with tiles.

Now, I’ve not fitted a wet wall system, so do not have the experience with them to back up my opinion.

Would also like to hear people thoughts on them.

Why have you decided not to tile?
I'm not really sure why I've decided not to tile. I like the idea of no grout, and the speed of installation compared to tiling, and if I do have grout I'll always go for a darker colour as white seems to discolour too fast.

I'm not really sure why I've decided not to tile. I like the idea of no grout, and the speed of installation compared to tiling, and if I do have grout I'll always go for a darker colour as white seems to discolour too fast.
Agree with grout colour, I never go white.

Here’s a bath to shower I’m currently working on, should be finished Monday.

935BB7C9-A1B2-4475-9EE2-BE3C8613F71E.jpeg

F5C215DC-7DCD-4769-9D4D-562302C32A37.jpeg

Reply to Best wetwall to use - too much choice! in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am trying to help my mother in law by renovating her bathroom for her as it was in quite a sad state. The bathroom is a very poor attempt at a bedroom to bathroom convertion. So bad that it still had carpet over the whole floor, the area around the bathtub has no waterproofing what so...
Replies
Views
Hello. I am planning to build a small half bath in my garage, next to a washing machine, using old showers plumbing. There was a stand-alone shower in the garage which has been removed. Unfortunately the pipes are only 1.5" on that side of the house since there's no bathroom and the house is...
Replies
Views
My sister bought a new build property which has wall hung toilets, NK by Noke Porcelona The pans are all moving enough for the silicone sealant to fail across the top of the pan and if you put a bit of weight on it it opens up by about 5mm. They've been in use (light use 4 toilets in a holiday...
Replies
Views
    • Optimistic
I am renovating a house, which currently has no plumbing. Attached is the design for the house. I'm getting a plumber to fit the boiler and core central heating zones. I am fitting the bathroom, kitchen and radiators. I was planning to use PEX, but I am struggling with availability of...
Replies
Views
Hi Just had a new bathroom installed with a toilet bowl that reaches the back wall. Its has a bottom entry cold feed to the cistern. The fitter put an isolation valve on the pipe work for this :-(, the copper pipe comes up from a plastic pipe push fit. See photo. I did a tissue paper test and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock