Search the forum,

Discuss Best way to pipe this rad using existing pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi
Just wondered if anyone had a good idea to pipe this radiator up using the existing pipe coming through the floor.
The customer has had all their floor recently done so nothing can be changed with the pipework.
Ideas so far include pipe extension piece or maybe an offset bend inwards both sides using a pipe swage instead of straight coupler.
If anyone has any other ideas please let me know ?
Thanks

Attachments

• 52A578FA-711C-41C0-87FA-41AE3A0CA6A3.jpeg
    52A578FA-711C-41C0-87FA-41AE3A0CA6A3.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 84
It’s not going to look pretty either way.

On lockshield side: possibly a tee at bottom of lockshield into branch, elbow to pipe and drain off t’other side.
TRV side: x2 elbows?

get a bigger rad if thats 1m get a 1.2 should be good then

or cut low down and so some nice sets in the pipe

Hi
Just wondered if anyone had a good idea to pipe this radiator up using the existing pipe coming through the floor.
The customer has had all their floor recently done so nothing can be changed with the pipework.
Ideas so far include pipe extension piece or maybe an offset bend inwards both sides using a pipe swage instead of straight coupler.
If anyone has any other ideas please let me know ?
Thanks
Nice Rad, nice house so its got to look all dandy. I would put the rad valves as close to the floor as possible, use straight ones maybe forget the trv they are always ugly...except drayton. Then get your bender out and make up 2x one piece copper connection, one each side. test and dress with high gloss white paint. centralheatking

Just curious and don't take this the wrong way because we've all been there but did you actually size that radiator or did the client just pick it out because it looked pretty and was a near enough fit?

Just curious and don't take this the wrong way because we've all been there but did you actually size that radiator or did the client just pick it out because it looked pretty and was a near enough fit?
It’s actually a friends house who bought the radiator unpacked it and now can no longer return so he’s wants to keep it but doesn’t want it looking out of place.

It’s actually a friends house who bought the radiator unpacked it and now can no longer return so he’s wants to keep it but doesn’t want it looking out of place.

Explain to them that they're SOL. It does look wrong and it always will because... it's the wrong size! Suggest they sell it on eBay and put the money towards one that fits.

Honestly with a couple of those wheel head ‘old fashioned’ valves - straight version, neatly joined to existing pipes it will look absolutely fine.

And get you out of trouble, not that you created the trouble I know - we’ve all had jobs like that.

Reply to Best way to pipe this rad using existing pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock