Search the forum,

Discuss Best way to connect a toilet to a floor outlet. in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,
Hope you are all well.
I removed an old toilet from a wetroom. I wanted to replace it with a modern toilet.

The old toilet had a separate cistern connected to it via a 90° pipe (this pushed the toilet away from The wall) and the outlet was a 90° connector that went into the floor.
My new toilet is close coupled. When I tried connecting it to the floor outlet with a 90° connector, it was too far from the wall. I removed the 90° connector and pushed the toilet as far back as I could (please see attached picture) but I am still about 8mm away from the wall.

Since this is a wetroom I don't want to disturb the floor outlet.

My question is,
1- if I used a swan neck connector for the outlet pipe, will that allow me to go right next to the floor outlet (as per the picture)?
2- what can I fill the 8mm gap with? I don't have the original old tiles so I can't build a small box behind it and tile it.
3- I don't think a flexi connector will work in this case, so any other solutions can you suggest?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20210213_181217.jpg
    IMG_20210213_181217.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 7
Swan neck but be careful what you put down it could block up

As for the gap depends use a small bit of trim at the top so you can fix the cistern to but I don’t think you will notice the side gap much as it’s 8mm so maybe leave open

Just use washers/packers/short lengths of pipe etc so you can screw the cistern back firmly to the wall and leave the gap.

Thanks @ShaunCorbs and @Ben-gee for your replies.
After searching further I found that my old toilet was a low-level toilet. I was trying to replace it with a close-coupled toilet. I have now bought a new low-level toilet and that solved the problem.
So it was my ignorance causing the problem. Having said that, I still prefer the look of a close-coupled toilet.

Regards,
Ammar

Reply to Best way to connect a toilet to a floor outlet. in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock