Search the forum,

Discuss Best Van Racking Ideas? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

I'm Jim and I'm working on VanDimensions.com, a website dedicated to help professionals such as yourselves plan their van layout or help people plan a camper conversion etc.

I'm very curious to hear about the best van racking ideas for plumbers you've seen during your career.
I'm working on an article on van racking for plumbers and would like to feature real life tips and tricks from people who actually do the work and have the van.

So have you seen very smart racking solutions or hacks?
If you have any good tips please let me know!

Best,

Jim (VanDimensions)

My van is in the process of being racked. I say 'in the process', as I keep adding bits in between plumbing jobs and I'm still not entirely happy with it. One bit I am very pleased with, though, is my sealant storage bit. If I don't get around to posting a photo of this, please remind me.

My van is in the process of being racked. I say 'in the process', as I keep adding bits in between plumbing jobs and I'm still not entirely happy with it. One bit I am very pleased with, though, is my sealant storage bit. If I don't get around to posting a photo of this, please remind me.
You need to post a picture of your sealant storage

Mine is wooden. Purchased from eBay at an half decent price. Had to use extra brackets though as not quite strong enough.

Mine's timber as well, 2"x1" on edge with 3no. 1/2" ply shelves (have a hire van so I can transfer it fairly easily). Curver boxes or similar fit on the shelves along with cordless tool boxes; Fatmax fitting's boxes; screw tray. 11/4" waste pipe screwed to it with 2 clips to hold pipe bender. Screws to hang levels one etc.

Mine's timber as well, 2"x1" on edge with 3no. 1/2" ply shelves (have a hire van so I can transfer it fairly easily). Curver boxes or similar fit on the shelves along with cordless tool boxes; Fatmax fitting's boxes; screw tray. 11/4" waste pipe screwed to it with 2 clips to hold pipe bender. Screws to hang levels one etc.
Any pics ?

My sealant storage is a 4-gallon f&e tank, absolutely ideal :cool::D
I had a box for sealant, but I found that everything ended up in a jumble at the bottom. Whenever I tried to organise the contents so I could easily find the right type of sealant, colour, etc, that lasted until the first bend in the road... Does your tank have dividers to prevent this?

I had a box for sealant, but I found that everything ended up in a jumble at the bottom. Whenever I tried to organise the contents so I could easily find the right type of sealant, colour, etc, that lasted until the first bend in the road... Does your tank have dividers to prevent this?
Mine is a standard black bucket with all silicone in a vertical position. Where’s this picture of yours?

No it doesn't have dividers I do have to rummage a bit, at least they're all in one place.

Reply to Best Van Racking Ideas? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Hello I’m not going to explain this very well but I will try my best. I’m planning on installing a kitchen sick by myself with no plumbing experience. I will be going from a double sink to a single basin. The part im having trouble figuring out is how to put the pipes back together with the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
  • Article
The UK Government has today been told to do better when it comes to Heat Pumps and Hydrogen Boilers. A watchdog for spending has said that the Government in the UK needs to do more to make green energy heat pumps and other green central heating options more affordable for the UK customers...
Replies
Views
Hi Troops, I hope everyone is enjoying a well deserved Sunday off. I've just purchased a VW Crafter MWB, my last van was Vauxhall Vivaro. I racked it out with Plywood shelfing purchased from Vanify. It was okay but I really like the look of Botts Smartvan. Never seen anyone have it other than...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by the survey. I have had loads of plumbers over, and have always carefully checked their reviews/tried to vet them as much as possible. However, I've had...
Replies
Views
hi guys. Have any of you got any tips for a cheaper alternative to some van racking? Although I’m wanting some racking I don’t fancy the big bill. And help would be great.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock