Search the forum,

Discuss Best thing to seal kitchen sink plug hole? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rking100

Hi,

I have a cheap kitchen sink and the plug hole surround is not fully sealed, and im not sure how to seal it. When the sink has water in it, the surround for the plug hole leaks and water drips through, is there any special material that would be best to seal the leak?

Cheers

Simply try a quality silicone on both faces, but don`t squirt loads on it;)

take it to bits dry it off and bed it down with a bit of silocone on both parts instead of the rubber

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Rking100 whilst all the above posts are suitable I like to use a McAlpine combined waste and overflow model no FSW2PC for these types of sink as you do not require any type of sealant :)regards turnpin

likewise always have a McAlpine catalogue to hand got me out of many a trickey situation:)regards turnpin

Ive siliconed most of the plug hole now so hopefully that will work!If not I shall invest in a mcalpine waste and overflow!
Cheers guys!

Ive siliconed most of the plug hole now so hopefully that will work!If not I shall invest in a mcalpine waste and overflow!
Cheers guys!
The silicone should seal it. But, if it doesn't I wouldn't fancy the job of getting it out again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best thing to seal kitchen sink plug hole? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock