Search the forum,

Discuss best sub £100 concealed costern in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gnome

i posted another thread recently i had a new constantly running concealed cistern ( it just trickles now and again and another full flush solves that immediate problem) . a few posters said i had a "rubbish/tat" cistern but what one is a good one that wont cause me problems and cost below £100
ive spent all morning googling best concealed cistern and there is NOT one concealed cistern out there that is totally trouble free . i have reviewed GROHE , MACDEE , THOMAS DUDLEY and all have had runninhg trikling water problems so im very confused and whats the point in upgrading and spending alot more money for similar problems to arise again

As you stated in your OP.

There is not one concealed cistern without any problems.

I personally would not put a concealed cistern in my mother in-laws place.

The reason:
I would have to see her a hell of a lot more than I usually would.
And I would be up for the cost of replacement parts.

Any lever syphon flush concealed cistern. Drop valve cisterns are a backwards step technologically. Having said that if I had to I would probably go for one of the Grohe cisterns with pneumatic flush buttons as I prefer those. The fluidmaster pro is now my replacement drop valve of choice so if the fluidmaster cistern comes with the same dropvalve as I use to replace duff ones that would be a good option too. The key point however is that despite being concealed it should be no less easy to access or maintain than a close coupled cistern and pan. Regardless of what you buy, get the enclosure right and if anything on the cistern fails in the future it wont be a big deal. If its behind tiled plasterboard, then sods law will over rule the quality of your purchase and install and make it fail every other day.

grohe adagio is a popular choice, also got the geberit conc cistern for furniture too. sell a lot of both of them through showroom etc.

Ignore the fluidmaster. I would usually of reccomended them until this week when I had 2 faulty ones one after another. And when I was in screwfix taking them back another plumber was saying he had noticed the same problems. Think they have gone downhill in quality.

Ignore the fluidmaster. I would usually of reccomended them until this week when I had 2 faulty ones one after another. And when I was in screwfix taking them back another plumber was saying he had noticed the same problems. Think they have gone downhill in quality.
The ones with plastic thread? Have a few from screwfix a while back that were dodgy (bought the plastic ones by mistake) never had an issues with the brass ones

The ones with plastic thread? Have a few from screwfix a while back that were dodgy (bought the plastic ones by mistake) never had an issues with the brass ones
Yes mate the plastic ones. Never had problems with the brass or plastic ones before. It was the rubber sealing washers at the top that was passing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to best sub £100 concealed costern in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock