Search the forum,

Discuss Best situation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fogarty

Following on from Hunterseye with his worst situation 3 days ago and Bods admission of extra payment i was wondering about the best thing thats happend to you because your a plumber ?

The best thing........................mmmmmmmmm.......................the 1st wife left me because i worked too much:lol:

Couldn't you have just told her to go instead of staying out all that time ?

Best thing that happened to me was a sixty quid tip :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

If it wasn't for my piece (sandwiches) not being there and a bit more money left in the bank i wouldn't have noticed she was away :lol:

Best thing that happened to me was a sixty quid tip :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
beat that, £100 for a £400 job.lol.

how you doing phil?. long time no hear.

a job we worked on 18 months ago where it was a £500k house and a typical greedy git customer not paying for all work done by the trades involved and £3-400 for us....................................
yesterday took 4 years lodgings in the big house for deception. lol.
found out this afternoon in the news.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a good one that happened to me when i just started up on my own.
Did a job for a guy i knew who had an open cast mine. Putting toilets etc in the mine.
The day i was finished i went down to his office to tell him i was done and he was on the phone. He briefly covered the mouthpiece and asked how much he was due me. I said 4000 or whatever it was and he continued talking on the phone and pulled a calculator out, then his cheque book and wrote a cheque for 4600 or whatever it was.
I said that is too much and he said yes 4k + vat. I said no 4K including vat. He just waved me away (while still talking on the phone) and said keep it i appreciate what you did.
The biggest tip i ever had.
Still do work for the guy to this day.

Hi REDSAW.
Still trying.Wage went down £65 a week this week due to cut backs. Hope your keeping your end up .No pun intented:willy_nilly:

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously good things don't happen to plumbers. The best thing I can come up with is when I worked in an empty house ,the two female neighbours fighting each other over who could look after me the best with endless cups of tea and biscuits. Couldn't stop peeing for two days

Well if we are talking female here that is another level.
Every one i ever DID cost me money. Sometimes it was good, sometimes i was robbed

Going slightly off thread, my mam once cleaned for an old guy who gave her a bag of nuts as a present. A couple of days later she thanked him and he replied ; no problem, once I've sucked the chocolate off them I don't like the nuts

Well heres one I think a few of you seasoned vets might have come across. Attended site to install customer supplied shower pump.Came to finish up and present bill. Lady says to me, will be back in a minute with payment. 5 mins later downs the stairs she comes in her dressing gown,looks me in the eye throws open her robe and says will this do as payment................... What would you have done in this situation:sweatdrop:

Well heres one I think a few of you seasoned vets might have come across. Attended site to install customer supplied shower pump.Came to finish up and present bill. Lady says to me, will be back in a minute with payment. 5 mins later downs the stairs she comes in her dressing gown,looks me in the eye throws open her robe and says will this do as payment................... What would you have done in this situation:sweatdrop:

I'd of done her

Depends.
If she was fit I would have knocked a tenner off the bill.

No, seriously.
If she wanted 'extras' I would have appraised her of my 'Service Charge'.

Just had some carpet fitters in, maybe I should have tried that with them? :bucktooth:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best situation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock