Search the forum,

Discuss best replacement combi boiler ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

want replace worcester 35cdi combi
have 12 rads, 2 showers, which boiler best replacement?

What’s the incoming flow and pressure static and dynamic

Viessmann 111

want replace worcester 35cdi combi
have 12 rads, 2 showers, which boiler best replacement?
ur lucky to get 16 yrs ...but having said that worcs were good then ...NOT now ...300 vans on road fixing etc and the waiting time is ....3 weeks for non radical faults...its always a tricky area best boiler
but on a manufacturer basis ...for standard stuff ..Vaillant ..its the Audi of boilers ...I run a Honda Tourer Earth Dream ...
No doubt u will get plenty of really good advice on UKPF later
we are totally independant and tell,it
exactly as we see it Rob Fosterb
centralheatking

Last edited:
ur lucky to get 16 yrs ...but having said that worcs were good then ...NOT now ...300 vans on road fixing etc and the waiting time is ..3 weeks for non radical faults
centralheatking

Disagree on the 3 weeks 4 days for non urgent just put a call in

Heat exchanger blocks at the mere sight of magnetite.. so does the pressure sensor.

Then flush, inhibit and install a MagnaClean ;)

My 2 pence;

Vaillant or Worcester Bosch for me, been fitting them since 2008 and see no reason to change. Reliability has been excellent, shame really as you get less repeat work haha.

I also have a WB combi CDI 35 (greenstar version) that is now 14 years old, eventually the aluminium heat exchange will fail on the condensation side, it is still OK now but when it will does eventually die , my current list for replacement consideration is a) Atag Economiser 39 b) Intergas Xtreme 36 c) Baxi 636 d) Ideal Vogue C40 (but plastics questionable) e) WB Classic CDI 42 (simplest change, but plastics issues and lack of opentherm). My house uses Evohome for zone control of each room (really like this system) , I have very soft water with excellent supply flow (> 20l/min ) and pressure, and I want to use Opentherm on next boiler. The Atag is probably my current favourite on the list due to excellent DHW flow, good opentherm implementation, excellent efficiency, Stainless steel HX, lack of internal plastic. But I don't like the interface on the Atag boiler (would much prefer to see one like the Vogue), or the location of the expansion vessel, and I would also like to have the central heating turn down of the Intergas (my number 2 choice , behind Atag because of flow) .

I have a atag economiser in my own home nice boiler well put together but has its faults not the quietest of boilers the solenoid on the gas valve clunks really quite loud it's more like a small commercial boiler , the one control dont even go there dumped mine got the nest now way superior , weather comp didn't work for us simply not warm enough, vogue is a nice boiler but plastic casing and internal components let it down its interface is great though , baxi 636 hmmmm jurys out on that one , intergas extreme look great but untested fitted a few other models and all performed exceptionally well choose a p5 installer 10 warranty worth considering , wb classic the grandad of the bunch serviced one I fitted 4 years ago today still like new fully stripped it other than I bit of aluminium oxide in heat ex still years in it , my next boiler intergas without a doubt. Kop

And still no comments on 2 showers from a combi?

If the customer insisted, I would fit an Ideal Vogue Max Combi with a 12-year guarantee.
However, I am a real fan of the twin pipes in the heat exchanger on the Intergas. Half the components and you can have hot water if the pump fails. Also works on a gravity fed system too.

Reply to best replacement combi boiler ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock