Search the forum,

Discuss Best pump for a 55 radiator closed pressure central heating system. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jack Gill

Hi !
new to this forum ..so please be gentle !
problem
  1. rads heat up slow
  2. never totally hot
  3. furthest rad get cold warm cold warm
  4. some rads get hot then cool quickly..
  5. rads are not warming up
  6. outside temp compensator is used
  7. rad circuit set at 22 degrees
following facts.
  1. veismann boiler 66 kw gas
  2. 55 rads in total
  3. basement and 3 floors to cover.
  4. 32 mm pipe reduced to 16 mm at rad outlets.
  5. all fitted with TRVs
  6. 600 h x 1000 m long rads
  7. present pump is a wilo 25/50 pump.

Question./ Solution
  1. what pump would suit best
  2. wilo or grundfos ?
  3. 32 mm - 100 ?
  4. grundfos magna 1 or 3
  5. wilo stratos ?

which is the best solution for a good efficient running system.
thanks
jack gill

room stat set at 22 degrees more likely, get someone in to investigate, we dont have esp skills on here I'm afraid

Why do you think it's the pump? Sounds like it needs setting up properly and possibly cleaning out.

Get someone in and spend your money on the right things.

Take weather compensator and throw it as far as you can go find it then smash it to bits throw whatever is left and scatter what you can't throw that should do the trick.

Is the boiler man enough for the job??

You rads are 600 x 1000 and there's 55 of them, assuming there all single panel rads which are around 1KW output each your getting up there not including hot water usage, but if the rads are all double panel double convectors at 1.7ish KW each = over 93KW to the rads not including hot water!!

And assuming you have that many rads you gonna need more than the usual 3kw for hot water I would guess more like 12kw for water??

Just a though!!

ds off a 66kw boiler??? bloody hell try a 100kw plus boiler 55 rads plus pipework omg plus hot water

Jack,

You need someone to come and look at this system for you, you wont get anywhere here with such questions,
there could be a number of problems all rolled into one, pump size, pipe sizes, balancing, VT programming, don't
enter the guessing game, your head will whiz and you will go deeper in, get someone in, tell them before they come
its a bigger domestic than your normal, then they can make their mind up if it's out of their comfort zone.

There must be a member close to you, have you just moved in???

Tony

PS Jack, does sound like a wind up 55 radiators, lined up they would go half way round Medway??? :38: a system like that
over 4 floors would take some serious balancing, not for those of a nervous disposition and would take some time to do properly

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the boiler man enough for the job??

You rads are 600 x 1000 and there's 55 of them, assuming there all single panel rads which are around 1KW output each your getting up there not including hot water usage, but if the rads are all double panel double convectors at 1.7ish KW each = over 93KW to the rads not including hot water!!

And assuming you have that many rads you gonna need more than the usual 3kw for hot water I would guess more like 12kw for water??

Just a though!!

That was my first thought too, it must be tight to the output of the boiler if they are all open and wanting heat.

hi the system has a flow and return ?
or what do u mean by 1 pipe system ?
im not an expert...
thanks j

hi the thermostat radiator circuit on the veismann boiler asks what temp so circuit one
shows 22 degrees ?

am i wrong ? or should i increase it ?
im not very good at this but i have to learn fast to make this more efficient boiler system

i im just trying to work things out so i dont get it wrong...
thanks

so what will a twin head do ?
is a single not good enough ?
what is the benefit of getting a twin head ..
i dont mind to spend to get it right ...but i want to work it out first ....
slow learner.... sorry.
i have a great plumber he has ideas but im just trying to work out all the forums constructive engineering !

so if u can elaborate would be great....so i can educate my self....
this magna twin head is 1000 gbp ?

the problem iis we lhave this boiler in Estonia its -10 to - 20 sometimes in jan feb ...so they use a compensator ...
whats the best solution apart from smashing things up ?

some thing tat could help with the solution please .....
thanks ...

thanks for the constructive thoughts.... we over sized everything in respect to heat...
hot water is seperate...

we have double convector rads
we have a separate underfloor heating system.

the rads were for back up if it got really cold ....btw this is for a place in Estonia -10 to - 20 degrees in winter....

and ur right the boiler men here are crap ....but im muddling through ...we just keep adding apartments and adding more rads ...so this has been the problem ...the pump i think is not up for it...but i m not an expert ..i just want to fathom out the basics ...from sensible guys like u

just need some good advice... thank u have a great sunday ! waiting for some more answers...

hi the veismann 66 kw runs it all ok at the moment ...the boiler is running at 50 % efficiency ....and it handles it all ....
we only require a 22 degree thermostat temp.
hot water is ok at 43 degrees out put.

im not an expert at this but need to get to the bottom of this.
the question is do we need a more powerful circulation pump ?
in your opinion.
we have kept adding more rads over the time ...

i sent u a private message thanks for the constructive critisism ...but its not a wind up read and reply please...

hi thanks ...
i have 2 circuits
1 for underfloor heating which works great
1 for rads circuit just in case its not warm enough most rads are off as the UF does the main job.
but we added another 20 rads and they are warm cold hot warm ...on the top floors they do the same ...i hope its a pump issue ...
and would live some real points ....
i have a great guy but i wanted to hear others like u guys out..

thanks

ps just want to see some serious advice and what problems guys have encountered before...
jack

Disable weather comp and turn boiler upto max. Upload a picture of ufh manifold.

Sounds like boiler undersized . Is it open vent or sealed system. You need a second boiler as when that system is on full tilt it's going to struggle.

I'm available for a working holiday ÂŁ4.5k should cover my expenses for a week??

I'll join you.

fad100eed8b2b2f6ac419aa3b0e7ae603238c48dc52edf87e0c5ea74239c5bf8.jpg

Can pay me to go over and sort it out, from what you have said it needs a different set up.

a bigger pump alone isn't going to help you one bit by itself!

haa ermi ill join you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best pump for a 55 radiator closed pressure central heating system. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock