Search the forum,

Discuss Best option to reduce high water pressure - plumber and PRVs vs. water company? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi (again!)

Following on from this thread....

I hope you don't mind but I thought I'd start a new one as Dwr Cymru could turn up next week so really want to decide what's best and whether I need to cancel them.

Te recap: We've got high water pressure where we are (8bar). We've got a lot of plumbing work coming up and initially we were going to have PRVs installed. The house is split into two, so we'd need a couple of them. But then someone recommended that I contact the water company (Dwr Cymru) - which I did - and they have agreed to come out and reduce the pressure. I thought this would be best as it is free and would save on the cost of the x2 PRVs and associated plumbing work.

Since then, someone on another forum has recommended that I cancel Dwr Cymru and have a plumber do the work internally instead. He says it is much better to have control and to be able to adjust the pressure as and when necessary.

What do you guys think is the best option?

Thank you so much :)

Reply to Best option to reduce high water pressure - plumber and PRVs vs. water company? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock