Search the forum,

Discuss Best grips? pliers? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

barryplumb

Can anyone recommend some decent grips or pliers? Getting fed up with them lasting less than twelve months before deciding they dont want to grip anymore!
Cheers

knipex, i have alligators but others swear by cobras all down to personal preference really.

I'll stick with my rothenbergers. 7 inch, 10 inch and 12 inch

Last edited by a moderator:
Try footprint, channellock, knipex, NWS, snap-on or bahco for best quality. footprints have the best turning power or knipex or NWS for narrow jaws.

Bacho Orange and black handles with side button to slide up and down and foot prints as well tho its a nightmare when the footprints slip and your finger gets jammed

crescent grips are good as are irwin (button type) and knipex

Bahco grips, 300mm orange and black handles. Just like he said. Nothing comes close for quality and ease of use. Footprints good for the odd blood blister here and there though.

Don't have a toolbox without footprints! As said, 7 & 9" & get couple of each.
They can nip you, so will take a while to get used to them, but they are like extensions to your hands & you get used to slipping them backwards on a nut after each time you tighten with them.

I've got Bahco & Knipex but I only use them when I can't find my Crescent's!! I think it's just down to the fact that my first ever grips were Crescent and it's what you get used to. They definately won't break though......EVER!!

Cresent are by far the best grips, tried them all but always go back to them

Channelock good for price. Using few pairs at moment. No issues.
Cresent are good but bit more expensive.
Rothy have lost their edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best grips? pliers? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I am trying to replace my bathroom tap with a new one, I am trying to remove the existing rusty flexible tap connectors from this bit of 22mm copper pipe. But this thing is not budging at all its like its welded or super glued on, I am using some water pliers on both points here but its not...
Replies
Views
Hi I had to remove the glass panels from this quadrant shower cubicle and I'm struggling to get one of the screens back in place properly. The small glass panel is supposed to slide into the wall channel, and some holes in the side of the channel (inside the cubicle) should align with some...
Replies
Views
Hey all, Looking for some advice. My mother recently had her boiler changed but in the process the water had to be turned on and off as you would expect and the engineer broke of the handle. Luckily it seems you can close the valve with some pliers on the but I don't believe this is best for...
Replies
Views
V
Good morning, I thought I would try here first before going elsewhere. in short I had a septic system flexible coupling needing replacing. Backed up waste water. It was less than a meter down and took plumbers less than 1/2 to diagnose I was charged $1560 originally Spoke to plumber to contest...
Replies
Views
Another newbie in the forums. I’m a 33 year old and after having worked in the Graphic/Web Design industry for around 8 years, I worked a few positions, did a bit of freelance and was continually working late hours and evenings unpaid as well as every weekend. I ended up getting burnout and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock