Search the forum,

Discuss Best gas sniffer? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

Any advice on good gas leak detectors. Doesn’t need to be something mega expensive, but in the same sense something that isn’t cheap as chips and goes off when it smells a bit of jointing compound

Sick to death of trying to find leaks with fluid and it showing up nothing.

Thanks

I have a Kane 100 CD100A and it has been great. It's about 4 years old and works really well. From memory it was about £100 plus. Like most tools you do get what you pay for.

Cheers

any particular model? Want something good, reliable and basic.

thanks again

I have the GLD450 wand type, I had one before that and it was good but it died unexpectedly not sure from what but I went again with another but they are quite fragile little things. You maybe better off spending more and getting one with a more robust body like the 100 recommended above or the 700 which having just looked you can get for just under a £100.

The RIDGID 36163 looks to well made at under a £100 but I can't say on it's performance other than Ridgid kit tends to be decent.

Or just wait and see who recommends anything else.

Much appreciated for the advice and the links to both of you. I had £100 in my mind as a limit, more than happy to pay that sort of money

You’re right. The Rigid one looks a complete steal at that price. They don’t make garbage, but that’s worryingly cheap. Will check some reviews out

Cheers

I bought the Ridgid and its a vary solid unit as youd expect from Ridgid but only tested on a cooker so far. Mustve got lucky with it being priced at sixty odd quid, looks to have been a mistake.

Kane sent me one for free with a fga. No name but it's great. When you need it you need it.

Cheers for all the advice. Think I will go with Kane just because I have the analyser. This rigid one must of definitely been a pricing error, the listing has vanished. Bit gutted I missed that at £60

Reply to Best gas sniffer? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock