Search the forum,

Discuss Best full bore 22 mm pump vale in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

HI,
I have a suspicion that my pump valves are causing a restriction in my system, so was contemplating switching these for either the peglers that screwfix sell or the perfect pump valves. The ones that are on have been reliable, turn easily and don't leak, so don't want to introduce a later problem. Read one review saying the peglers leaked on their installation, not found anybody commenting on the perfect pump valves (though I know there was some freebees on here a few years ago).
Anybody got any real life recommendations ?

For info the installation is a complicated dual fuel hook up via a centraliser, which takes an hour to get warm and struggles to heat all the radiators to a high temperature. The gas boiler never seems to run a full tilt (was 14KW according to gas usage when I checked it) seemingly because it modulates back because it is not loosing enough heat through the feed circuit (in test mode it will run at 30KW so not gas flow issues). Doesn't seem a blockage, had a new bigger pump (which helped) but noticed that the 22mm gate valve is only 15 mm once open, which on a 30 KW feed circuit could perhaps be the issue (was thinking 22mm was marginal on a 20 radiator system even before I saw this). Any thoughts on this also welcomed.
Cheers
Rob.

They are what they are I am afraid consider using a 28mm ones and adapt back to 22mm on the outlet ? Kop

These are full bore...

1-1-2in-x-22-mm-butterfly-handle-ball-valve-per-pair_min_21364_P_1.jpg

Just read the OP properly, I tend to use the Perfects for pumps and the other butterfly ball valves they produce, never had any issues so far.

Last edited:
Just read the OP properly, I tend to use the Perfects for pumps and the other butterfly ball valves they produce, never had any issues so far.
Hi,
Thanks I'll probably give them a go and see if it makes a difference, as I'm running out of ideas.
Cheers,
Rob.

Hi,
Thanks I'll probably give them a go and see if it makes a difference, as I'm running out of ideas.
Cheers,
Rob.

I'd be surprised if it really made a significant difference to your actual problem though, I'd repost with a full description of your setup with diagrams/pictures to assist and respectfully without your attempts at a diagnosis just so you get the forum's full attention and perhaps those with a specific knowledge of your setup.

I'd be surprised if it really made a significant difference to your actual problem though, I'd repost with a full description of your setup with diagrams/pictures to assist and respectfully without your attempts at a diagnosis just so you get the forum's full attention and perhaps those with a specific knowledge of your setup.
Hi , my heating engineer I have been working with (he has fixed the electrical side previously) came to service the gas boiler during the week and agreed that changing them wouldn't make much if any difference. I trust him and have gradually been working through several issues with him and he has installed several neutraliser setups previously, but not the specific E**e (not sure if I can name companies) centraliser setup I have. We are agreed there is a flow problem on the gas boiler feed circuit, but it isn't clear whether that is due to the centraliser, pipes etc. I'll post up a picture once I get a moment to draw it to see if anybody has seen issues with these centralisers and flow or if anybody has other suggestions.
Thanks,
Rob.

Reply to Best full bore 22 mm pump vale in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock