Search the forum,

Discuss best eco heating syem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

CXR100

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
im trying to buy a house, at present its got a old lpg combi installed, it would cost a bomb to run I imagine, and as im doing it up to sell on after living in it for a few years (2-3 tops) im thinking I can ad a bit of value by installing some kind of eco heating system , heat pump , solar ect, im going to be installing a wood burning stove as it is, but as I work long hours and the mrs is afraid of fire so wont have it on in the house by herself it would rarely be light, but im looking to link this into the system (thermal store I imagine?) what else would you fit? heat pump ? solar ? ground source is not an option due to lack of space as is oil really . or am I better off putting solar thermal and a system boiler? want to keep it at around the 4.5k mark materials only! can it be done?? think it would be a big selling point when I come to sell the house, would you fit ufh ? or stick to rads? ufh would mean lifting all the ground floor up, so id rather have rads . this kind of think is very new to me, im afraid im a combi type of guy . if it cant be done I will be shoving a vokera in to keep cost down!

you can drill a hole for a ground source heat pump, so space not a problem if you want to go down that route

Bore holes for ground source are not an option with that budget but air source is the easiest option

I'm on lpg. It's not that bad cost wise at the moment.
If your trying to make a profit, don't waste your money, stay with lpg

You won't get much of much on renewables even going for the cheap chinese stuff for a 4.5k budget. I'd buy a sheepskin rug and teach yer wife to not be afraid of fire for a start then go from there

ÂŁ1500 and dross for stove, flue and glass hearth and 3 hours of my time start to fire lit. IMAG0747.jpg

2 windows 3 ft behind this stat are wide open. There is no snow on my roof lol
IMAG0859.jpg

what about a heat pump? expensive job?

If you're looking at using a heat pump with rads the CoP will suck due to the higher temps needed unless you fill your walls with massive rads to take the lower temps :)
Best stick with LPG and put your money into improving the insulation.

if it cant be done I will be shoving a vokera in to keep cost down;
what about a heat pump? expensive job?
im a combi type of guy
to sell on after living in it for a few years (2-3 tops)

You've already made you're mind up :)

Shove in an oil boiler and do the minimum you can to make it all look nice.
oil = cheapest form of heating currently available - it's half the cost of mains gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to best eco heating syem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock