Search the forum,

Discuss Best Digital Manometer! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

01ST13795

Gas Engineer
I'm going to bite the bullet and buy a digital manometer, just wondering which is the best on the market; Omnitron, Anton, Testo, Kane? Any others better?

Thanks for any replies

Sam

Digital manometers are great for setting up boilers, but I still think the faithfully water gauge is best for tightness testing; it don't breakdown or need recalibration, other than a flush out and water top up.

Digital manometers are great for setting up boilers, but I still think the faithfully water gauge is best for tightness testing; it don't breakdown or need recalibration, other than a flush out and water top up.

On non domestic u may be standing around for 90 mins with u gauge tho/ reading other threads?

u

Completely agree. I always use my j gauge for tightness tests except when the installation is huge. Like the 23m3 job I found a few weeks ago.

Agree with regman entirely, I use my Anton v2 for setting up and checking boilers but use a rothenberger manometer for TT etc.

On non domestic u may be standing around for 90 mins with u gauge tho/ reading other threads?
Done commercial industrial. Never had one this length of time. It is a badly designed gas install for the regular commercial guys, if you have a 90 minute tightness test. Sectional isolation with purge points will always simplify testing and purging.

Maximum ttd is 60 mins according to table b13.

Type of Gauge Typical Range(mbar) Typical Readable Movement(GRM) (mbar) Typical MaximumTTD (Mins)
Water (SG 1.0) 0 - 120 0.5 30
High SG (SG 1.99) 0 - 200 1 45
Electronic (1 decimal place) 0 - 200 0.5 30
Electronic (2 decimal places) 0 - 200 0.1 15
Electronic (1 decimal place) 0 - 2,000 0.5 30
Electronic (No decimal place) 0 - 20,000 5 60
Mercury (SG 13.5) 0 - 1,000 7 60

Was a biggie. No gas line diagram. Spent a day tracing, measuring, inspecting and testing that job.

Service riser full of "stuff", helpful FM staff and lots of locked doors ??

Maximum ttd is 60 mins according to table b13.

Type of Gauge Typical Range(mbar) Typical Readable Movement(GRM) (mbar) Typical MaximumTTD (Mins)
Water (SG 1.0) 0 - 120 0.5 30
High SG (SG 1.99) 0 - 200 1 45
Electronic (1 decimal place) 0 - 200 0.5 30
Electronic (2 decimal places) 0 - 200 0.1 15
Electronic (1 decimal place) 0 - 2,000 0.5 30
Electronic (No decimal place) 0 - 20,000 5 60
Mercury (SG 13.5) 0 - 1,000 7 60
You have been reading IGE/UP/1 have you not?

Its madness, when you come across gas service installs that serve 200 flats and there is not one sectional isolation valve or purge point. How did they test it and purge it?

Testing isn't an issue if you're using a calibrated digital manometer with 2 decimal places and a gem of 0.1. Brought my test time down from 45 minutes on the j to 4.5minutes.....

Testing isn't an issue if you're using a calibrated digital manometer with 2 decimal places and a gem of 0.1. Brought my test time down from 45 minutes on the j to 4.5minutes.....
Yes I think your spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best Digital Manometer! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock