Search the forum,

Discuss Best control/thermostat for system boiler with unvented cylinder in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

Looking to convert combi boiler to system boiler with an unvented cylinder.

What models do people reccomend for controls/thermostats?

The way we use the house we dont really need a smart one, my mother who lives in the property is elderly so want it to be easy to use.

I am thinking to go for either a Viessmanns 100 or a Baxi Platinum boiler. Looking at getting a few quotes so will decide with whoever I end up with.

Just wondering what people reccomend.

Drayton lifestyle lp112 and Honeywell 6360b

Hive (without hub) is my goto smart control for people who don't want a smart control.
Couldn't recommend an oldschool combo unless customer is incapable of adjusting.

Reply to Best control/thermostat for system boiler with unvented cylinder in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I was hoping to replace an old system boiler with a Vaillant Ecotec Exclusive 627 system boiler, thats the one with the diverter valve so no need for zone valves, controling it with a V-Smart and a VR10. I've spoken to Vaillant Tech and they said you cannot use the VR10 with a vented...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always amazed at the water pressure so on the odd occasion that the water was only luke warm it was easily forgiven, but over time we have come to realise that...
Replies
Views
Hi all, looking for some recommendations for a slimline indirect unvented cylinder to go with a new system boiler that we're having installed soon. Only need around 120/125 ltr for our usage and could possibly make do with 100. Been looking at a few different brands including the Megaflo which...
Replies
Views
My heating system comprises an Ideal Logic 12 boiler located downstairs and a Gledhill OV SOL cylinder located upstairs . The problem is that when the Gledhill controls for the “hot water” and “central heading” are turned on the Ideal boiler makes a constant “clicking” noise and tries to start...
Replies
Views
Looking for a gas safe engineer to complete a boiler and cylinder install in Ringwood BH24. There was a delay of approx 8 months from the install to radiators being fitted and therefore able to comission the system. Our plumber is now employed elsewhere and unfortunately unable to complete this...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock