Search the forum,

Discuss Best combi drill at the moment? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Mario

Gas Engineer
Im llooking for a new combi drill for around £150 what is the best at the moment?

You'll need to spend more than £150 to get a Milwaukee.

That price, Bosch or makita. Wont come with great batteries for that price though

Mate at work has the bosch pro stuff. Im quite impressed. I have ended up with a lot of dewalt 18v li-on stuff and i cant complain either

There's a DeWalt 18v li-on with 2 batteries on at plumbfix for £100 inc VAT.
Been looking at that lately, my very old combi is getting weak and will need replacing soon.

*Edit* Just noticed it's ni-cd :(
The Li-on version is £150 inc VAT and comes with 3 batteries

Last edited:
DeWalt XR DCD785C2SF-GB 18V 1.5Ah Li-Ion Cordless Combi Drill | 18V Cordless Combi Drills | NoLinkingToThis
DeWalt DCD785L1GP-GB 18V 3Ah Li-Ion Cordless Combi Drill XR | 18V Cordless Combi Drills | NoLinkingToThis
Bosch GSB 18V-LI 18V 4Ah Li-Ion Cordless Combi Drill Coolpack Battery | All Power Tool Deals | NoLinkingToThis

I use a Makita BHP451 I think its called, good drill. Im thinking of upgrading my stuff to Milwaukee though. I cant quite justify Hilti prices. Although I see Makita have bucked the trend now and have bought out 4ah 18v batterys alongside the 3ah BL1830

I might be teaching you to suck eggs Super Mario but do you do the keyless chuck up by just holding it in your hand and pulling the trigger whilst in forward. I only ask as ive found its its always best if you don't want the bit to fall out the end if you just give it a nip up with your hand after rather than just drilling whilst holding the chuck

Milwaukee is better service than Hilti and 3 year wazza with out services!

http://www.toolmonkey.co.uk/categories/Hammer Drills.htm?catID=41

Call them ask to speak to internet sales guy... Mark? Tell him what u would like and what u have to play with they will come up with goods normally. Last apprentice got sds drill impact driver two 3ah and case £350 deliverd next day. Also but 3ah to start off with its much cheaper and will do until you actually need 4!

50 nm is good for a compact drill. It will drill decent sized holes. It all depends on what you want the drill to do. if your looking for the all singing and dancing drill then you need to open up your wallet and put your hand further inside :)

the set i linked before has a more powerful drill and a great impact driver for alittle more. But only you know what you want to do with the tool and how much your really willing to spend.

I daresay 50nm is the max torque setting, not the max drilling power.
remember having this convo with a rep.

i have the heavy duty milwaukee combi drill.

5 inch holesaw through a flat roof quite happily

I currently have a dewalt 14.4v combi drill. Got it from Screwfix

http://m.NoLinkingToThis/p/dewalt-d...rdless-combi-drill/43969?filtered=true&_bck=1

its a cracking drill, light weight and small.
I have had 2x makita 18v combis before this one and I don't notice any difference in the power and I use it to its limit.

i have the one with 2x 4ah batteries. I only paid about £140 plus vat for mine, bargain.

That is good my makita is struggling with the 5 at the minute never used to phase it but then that is 2 years of abuse if it was a women that drill would have left me after a month

its the max of the motor in 1st gear.

i do the same with 5 and 6 inch holes saws, but this is well beyond the recommended capacity of any cordless really. Metabo have a chuck attachment for there top of the range cordless drills that triples its max torque i believe, id love to try one.

For a 5 inch now i put it in my corded sds.
no issues
beauty of changable chucks

Im llooking for a new combi drill for around £150 what is the best at the moment?
It depends what you want to use it for. All cordlesses have limitations so buy the tool for what you intend to use it for. Btw if you are on a tight budget go fo a high ah nicad. Nicad is still a good battery tech, just a bit heavier than li-ion which also has its drawbacks.

DUAL+DRILL+AD.jpg

I used to have a dewalt 18v with 1.3 nicads and it is a great drill I have a lad who works with me a lot of the time and I gave it to him must be 3/4 years old now and the batterys still last a fair while long after the other is charged and for 100 notes I don't see why you would pay more that said I am using a hilti cordless that I have had for a few years and that is a great drill but heavier and bulkier than the dewalt if it came to it and I was on a budget I would go for the dewalt again!

disregard every comment on here,and see if you can still get the Makita 458 rfe on amazon for £179 2 batts and a charger.was £333 plus vat last year.If you cannot kill yourself and donate your brain to medical science to combat stupidity

Hitachi 18V Cordless Combi Drill with 2 x 4Ah Li-Ion Batteries: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

I went with this. Really impressed with the power and how long the batteries last.

• 2 x 4.0Ah Batteries weighing 0.64kgs each(33% Longer run time over previous battery).
  • Variable speed control
  • Extremely High Torque = 92Nm
  • 13mm Metal Jacobs Chuck with ratcheting lock
  • 2 Speed Gearbox
I looked at that drill, but I just wasn't sure about hitachi, I've always bought bosch tools.
good torque though and I noticed it now comes with 5ah batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best combi drill at the moment? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few seconds! Can anyone tell me what is causing this? And how to cure?
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I have just looked back through the regs this seems to have changed and it isn't mentioned now. It now mentions if at high level it should be discharged...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock