Search the forum,

Discuss Best chemical sink unblocker? in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

gmartine

Esteemed
Gas Engineer
Which make is fairly foolproof? I tend to almost always go down the mechanical unblocking route but I want to leave a few bottles for a few tenants (not mine).

The stuff you get in the shops is pretty dilute, and hence fairly safe. Buy them a pair of cheap goggles while you're at it. Anything with sodium hydroxide in the ingredients is good. Sodium hypochlorite is a bonus. I'm a rare oddity in being both a plumber and a chemistry graduate!

Plungers cause all kind of problems, as the compression they generate can wreak havoc on pushfit and compression connections, such as the ones that connect the trap to the pipework. There's always a better solution.

If you want to give them a decent means of mechanically unblocking waste pipework, buy them a TITAN wetvac from Screwfix for around £50. The vacuum in the pipework is unlikely to cause leaks. They'll need to cover the overflow of any sink or basin in order for it to be effective if they're sucking out from the waste AKA plughole

Benedict
Pedal Powered Plumbing

I asked a drain engineer what he does when he gets a shower tray block or sink thats hard to get to waste and he said boiling water with a strong bleech and leave in trap , it does seem to do the trick .

Reply to Best chemical sink unblocker? in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock