Search the forum,

Discuss Best boiler for old house/system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I am thinking about a new combi boiler, ours has had it's day. The house is 1977 and the system is about that age as well - around 40years old so the radiators are probably rusted inside as well as the pipes.

I have had a few quotes for a new boiler but most fitters generally install a single type of boiler. They will flush the system of course and fit a filter.

What I would like to know is what is the best modern boiler that is the most tolerant of an older heating system and which should I avoid - I have been offered an Ideal Vogue and a Baxi Platinium so far.

Full powerflush.

Then the boiler with the longest warranty for the cheapest price (of the main manufactures).

Fit the boiler as per the manufacturers instructions.

And then get it serviced and the log book filled out EVERY year.

After that, its not your problem. Not for up to 12 years with some makes.

Reply to Best boiler for old house/system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock