Search the forum,

Discuss Bentone ST40 Erratic oil pressure and failing to start in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Vee

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi, just some input this please. Oil supply converted from single pipe to twin pipe in order to eliminate an oil pressure pump system feeding two boilers. Fitted with Tigerloop now and good oil supply available. Initially started ok then only intermittently. Now fails to start. Has had new oil pump, nozzle and electrodes. When checked oil pressure is around right setting but does appear a little erratic. Any ideas.

Both boilers, or one? Have you replaced the solenoid?
Both boilers are on tigerloop now. One is above the level of the tank and one below. The upper is about 15m away from the tank. the other about 35m. There are non return valves fitted to the oil lines although I am not sure they are suitable for oil.

Might be best to remove the non return valves.
If you have constant air bubbles in tigerloop, then looks like air is getting into oil line. I would check the oil hose on suction side.
You could try putting disconnecting the suction oil hose (oil pipe connection side) and dipping it into a tin of kerosine to confirm burner will fire ok then.

Might be best to remove the non return valves.
If you have constant air bubbles in tigerloop, then looks like air is getting into oil line. I would check the oil hose on suction side.
You could try putting disconnecting the suction oil hose (oil pipe connection side) and dipping it into a tin of kerosine to confirm burner will fire ok then.
Thanks. I'll give it go on Monday. Its a top outlet tank, would removing the non return valves not go against pratice recommended?

Thanks. I'll give it go on Monday. Its a top outlet tank, would removing the non return valves not go against pratice recommended?

The Tigerloop has a non return valve built in to it. They are best primed first using a tin of kerosine though.
I would check for pipe and oil hose soundness first if air bubbles in Tigerloop

Reply to Bentone ST40 Erratic oil pressure and failing to start in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am renovating a small bathroom in an apartment on the 5th floor. Heating is electric, no gas or oil. I have four (related) questions about this below. I had intended to reuse the cold water tank and the cylinder sitting underneath it but my plumber suggested I replace the cylinder as...
Replies
Views
S
Having a few issues with my combi boiler, its 14 years old now and due to be replaced as we are building extension, but need to get another 10 months out of the combi yet! Was having pressure and lockout issues and the relief vale had activated couple times, expansion tank is fuel of water so I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an oil boiler in a low water pressure location, ran well for 12 years, now I have a problem. And two questions. (1) I continually have to bleed air from the pump, can't work out why. Any ideas? (2) because of this, I am continually running down the pressure, which is already...
Replies
Views
My house is a 1970s build fairly well insulted detached 2 storey. Split in 2no zones which are controlled independently with digital thermostats and rarely run at the same time. Downstairs has 9 double rads and 5 single rads. Upstairs has 5 double rads and 1 single rad. Open vent system std...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock