Search the forum,

Discuss Bending soil pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gkassriver

I'm trying to push a toilet back against a wall so that the cistern is flat against the tiled wall, but the 110mm soil pipe is slightly out of position by about 1.5 inches so I thought I could bend the soil pipe slightly by heating it (tried a hot hairdryer but no good) - any ideas please very welcome.
The soil pipe joints the back of the toilet from the left side, there is about 30cm of pipe that runs parallel to the wall the toilet backs on to before the pipe disappears through the outside wall. I hope you understand what I've described!
Thanks

Do you mean the soil pipe is to long ? or off center, you could try an offset pan connector .

If not then maybe a Flexi if you have room, can you put some photos on ? would be helpfull.

you can heat 110 pipe up with a blow torch rotate and heat it up but its got to be reasonably long to do it. takes a bit of practice

As SilentMike said, sounds like you need a swan neck pan connector......
001833.jpg

Thanks for all the replies, I really appreciate them. I've never used one of these forums before, and wow I'm impressed!! The swanneck connector looks like what I need.
Rgrds to all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bending soil pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock