Search the forum,

Discuss Bending 18mm shower pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan_the_plumber

Gas Engineer
Hello everybody.

I've had to install a shower in a bathroom where the roof encroaches into the room. This means I'm higher limited. I thought I'd try my luck as there were quite a lot of variables but I've come up unfortunate.
Now, obviously being a plumber I've got a pipe bender that does 15 & 22mm. However this pipe is 18mm internal. I just wondered if I can actually buy an 18mm spring? Or am I better off taking it to an engineering shop or something?

Dan :)

i presume it is a shower with a fixed riser rail? can you not change it for one with an adjustable rail with handset on hose?

You haven't got an commercial sparky friend as there conduit is 20mm and he should have a bender if it's a bit loose wrap in insulation tape

i presume it is a shower with a fixed riser rail? can you not change it for one with an adjustable rail with handset on hose?

Yes that's it...it's a fixed riser....it goes up to a chrome 18mm compression elbow with wall plate. Then out at 90 then back down again about 8 inches!!

why do you want to bend it and not cut it? If you bend it what will you connect to the open end as the wall plate won't be suitable now?

Or have I misunderstood you?

why do you want to bend it and not cut it? If you bend it what will you connect to the open end as the wall plate won't be suitable now?

Or have I misunderstood you?

Think he's trying to install a rain fall shower head on the ceiling

I thought he was trying to do that but against an agreed ceiling

Think the head has a swivel and he's pipeing up from the diverter to the back plate (you may have already said this bash me if you have :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bending 18mm shower pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock