Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi System Boiler Weather Compensation in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I'm wanting to install weather comp on my Baxi Platinum+ system boiler (GC No: 41-470-95). This is because the house is heated using underfloor heating which is mixing down to 35c but the boiler is set to 70c to heat the unvented cylinder up to 60-65c. The idea is to select a curve more suited to the under floor heating and allow a call from the DWH to override the temp. (The existing UFH mixer would then act as protection from overheating the floor when the DWH is calling for heat)

It doesn't look like the IFOS is compatible with this boiler, I've found a "Outdoor Sensor Kit Temperature Compensation Device & Relay PCB" (part #7225851) that looks like it should be compatible, based on the install guide I found online for it, but it seems to be discontinued and no one I can find has any old stock left.

Are there any other parts out there compatible with this boiler, if not, if I can get hold of this discontinued part, is it likely to work?

Thanks!

Yes that should work in theory depending on if your pcb has the soft ware built in

Only ones who will know for sure are baxi

Reply to Baxi System Boiler Weather Compensation in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Does anyone know of a weather compensation unit that can be fitted to a cylinder? I have an Ideal Logic Max H24 which heats a thermal store. The boiler can take an Ideal weather compensation unit to raise the target flow temperature as the outside temperature drops, but the store temperature...
Replies
Views
Baxi 600 central heating is set at minimum the radiator symbol on the boiler is flashing. (asking for heat .fan is still running ) this is like this all day is this correct before I call out engineer there are no other controls ie time lock or room stat on system
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Y plan open vent system, boiler 30+ years old, and requires replacement. My plumber is recommending fitting a new Viessmann 11kw System boiler in the current boilers position. The problem is he plans to run two new separate pipes fro the boiler to the hot water cylinder. Once this...
Replies
Views
Hi. I’m new here and due to have a new boiler fitted. Does anyone have recommendations or thoughts on either the Worcester 8000 40KW Combi or the Baxi 40kw Platinum or the Valliant EcoTec Plus 838. The Worcester is the most costly but I’m happy to pay more if it means a better boiler (long term...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I wanted to ask is there a function to remove air from a Baxi duo tec combi 24 HE A. If there is can some one kindly tell me the procedure. Looking online i found on newer baxi boilers that you turn the heating knob all the way back (12-oclock) anti-clockwise and then 2 quarter...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock