Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi, spying on engineers. in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Knappers

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Halfway through changing a hydraulic block on a greenstar 28i junior I got a call from the baxi rep.
That can't be a coincidence!...?
Bit late now but how are you supposed to get the clip back on that flow sensor assembly 🤬
I grind the clip tips down to a flat and work in with grips but I know I'm gona break one eventually.
Baxi are still my no2 choice does anyone go to baxi first and if so why (except for knowing that they're watching)?

You mean the flow turbine clip ?

and I had the same recently I guess there trying to drum up business as there prices are going up :D

Pair of decent long nose pliers, get rh side in 1st, then using pliers edge lh side in, simples.

You mean the flow turbine clip ?

and I had the same recently I guess there trying to drum up business as there prices are going up :D
They are aren't they! He seemed to be genuinely shocked when I told him the price difference wasn't good enough any more.
If I need a rear flue or if I've recently put my back out then I'm a baxi man.
Pair of decent long nose pliers, get rh side in 1st, then using pliers edge lh side in, simples.
Thats a joke right? I haven't fitted one without checking atleast 3 times that I've not used an extra o-ring!

Plenty of grease and make sure the flow reg cup Is the correct way threaded nut should be tight against the body no threads showing, then push and put the clip in they still can take 5 mins to try and get in due to access

I (wont) look forward to next time, so I can try again.
That and the diverter on an old RSF are some of my least favourite jobs, the retainer on the heat exchanger has been hit and miss for me too and I wonder if the thickness of the o-rings varies sometimes?

Could be something simple as the old ones were imperial and the new ones metric ?

Reply to Baxi, spying on engineers. in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock