Search the forum,

Discuss BAXI Solo HE in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello, We have recently moved into a new home that has a BAXI Solo HE (IE) Condensing Boiler. It appears to be reasonably new as does the tank and pump. (< 4 years) We have no issues with it so far. Plenty of hot water and central heating is fine. We have been advised to replace with a combi before we get bathrooms replaced as if we do this afterwards it will be difficult. I'm not sure if we should just stick with it. We would like power showers and this may not be possible with a combi. The gentlemen who advised us to change said the power showers would drain the tank (in no time) so that's another worry. I'm no expert and would welcome some impartial advise.

A Unvented cylinder would be the way to go providing you have the pressure and flow rate suitable? if you required power showers , I wouldn't be advising a combi they aren't really the answer but are the quickest and easiest option . Kop

I agree with the unvented cylinder route if you have enough flow and pressure. Stored water and the option to heat if boiler fails at any time.

Reply to BAXI Solo HE in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all,new to the forum and hoping to get some guidance through the boiler minefield . We moved into a 70s bungalow last Feb,its got a Greensted 241 junior mark 3. The expansion tank has failed, also it has a Boss therm sender unit wired to it but the previous owner didn't leave the receiver...
Replies
Views
Home owner looking for some advice pls. We have a megaflow system which we are considering removing as the tank takes up a lot of space and we don’t find we are using more than one shower or bath at a time. Our plan is to do this when the current boiler needs replacing (probably in the next...
Replies
Views
Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any kind of instructions/manual and therefore trying to figure out ourselves. We have what looks like a boiler/water tank system (coming from a standard...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, we have a back combi heater. Whenever the heating comes on it seems to lose pressure within a few hours and I have to refill each morning. The boiler seems to function well, and the pressure only drops with the heating and not the water being on. Ie it started last winter and was then...
Replies
Views
J
Boiler broke over Xmas and needs replacing and I’m tempted to move away from our 1985 gravity fed system and get a combi as many other parts of that auger appear to be at the end of their life and need replacing. Our flow is 16l/min so not enough for unvented but we like the idea of a combi as...
Replies
Views
Jack Canfield
J
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock