Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi Solo Bangs and Pilot light goes out - PLEASE HELP!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bazza5070

Hi, I have a 2.5 year old Baxi Solo 24 HE, had no problems while it was under the 2 year warranty but then it kept locking out. Took off the Combustion Chamber door and discovered the seals were totally shot, replaced these thinking that was the problem. Now it fires up and doesnt lock out but after about a minute the pilot light flickers and gets quite noisy, then after another minute or so there is a loud bang and the pilot light goes out. The pump appears to be ok and have topped up the water levels. Any advice I can pass on to my repair man as he appears to be at a bit of a loss, he has rang the techies at Baxi but they have not been much help at all. I am not in the financial position for him to be systematically replacing parts. Any thoughts would be much appreciated as I am a single parent with a disabled kid and we are slowly freezing and forgetting what being warm is!!!!

You could have your guy check the gas suply pressure, flue ways for obstructions, condensate pipe for blockages .... Analise the flue gasses, that should tell him heaps! It sounds like you have an issue with burner/combustion and/or removal of products ... IMO :)

Thanks for reply DiamondGas. Boiler guy came back last night and between us we found the problem, the burner was not seated properly, once this was corrected it fired up ok. Against my better judgement I then let the boiler man check my trap and condensate pipe which both appeared to be fine. Once this was put back together it doesnt work again! Now I have an ignition problem, ignition fires and pilot lights but ignition keeps clicking away but the burner does not ignite, this happens five times and then I get ignition lock out. Any ideas, wish I had told him to leave it alone once it had started working again.... Any replies gratefully received.................

find someone who knows more about what there doing , be sure to check there ID card

unfortunately the cupboard is bare moneywise, I have paid this guy a nominal fee as he used to work for WarmFront and it was he who last serviced the boiler, since when it hasnt worked!!!!

imho it doesnt sound too much is wrong , the fact you have had to do your own research and by the sounds of it help him along suggests to me he lacks experience which i find a little worrying. i feel for ya on the financial sind and we often give discounts to oaps etc but i think and this is just me you really would be better getting someone more experienced in before any short cuts are taken.

sod that am not calling round then lol , all i will say is not all plumbers gas men/women are expensive and out to rip everyone off. there are some very good ones on here.

Yes I know, have had some great people in the past, unfortunately I am stuck with this one for the moment......

Bazza you haven't just popped a wire off somewhere by any chance? Sounds like the PCB isn't recognising that the flame is present.
You mentioned messin with the condensate! .... hmmmmmm ... If you get dampness in the top Well where the two wires are you'll get the symptoms you describe ... also if the trap is dry you get this happening :)

Last edited by a moderator:
i had a problem the same with an older solo
dont know if these are the same but basically where the end of the fan meets the flue there was a seal which was damaged to basicallt nothing,changed and away it went!

Success!!!!! Spoke to a guy in my local plumbers merchants and he suggested that when the trap was removed to check the condensate pipe water may have got on the terminals, checked this when i got home from work, didnt feel damp but I put the hairdryer on them for 30 seconds and bingo, fired up straight away..... Many thanks for all the replies, am now sitting here in my pants sweating like billio - heaven!!!!!

sweating your pants off ? , you just cant help some people can ya lol , glad you and your kid are sorted there bazza

Just notice you post Diamondgas, exactly the problem - dampness after messing with the trap etc, many thanks for the replies and no thanks to Baxi - their customer service and aftersales services are appalling!!!!!!

Not happy with the picture in my mind bazza .... you slim, female and fit as ...................!

Amateur Plumber, my late father-in-law was a boiler maker *** plumber and he taught me so I have a rudimentary knowledge of how boilers etc should work, just do plumbing for myself and friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi Solo Bangs and Pilot light goes out - PLEASE HELP!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock