Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi Solo 30 HE ie in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

JusKel

Gas Engineer
Baxi Solo 30 he, existing boiler in newly bought house for client. Condense trap replaced and combustion chamber door seal replaced. 1" bsp nut missing from trap to discharge pipe connection. The house is split levelled with 17 radiators, pipe sizing is off. There was a 6m head pump on return which was changed to 8m before going more into changing piping, but noticed boiler wasn't keeping up with pump. Took hours to get temperature up. Temp increased when pump on lowest setting with diff of 12 deg. Gas rating showed 15kw. Removed jumper from cn12 to allow boiler to go to 30kw, but no difference. Did get brief 22kw (factory setting with both jumpers in place) with cn11 removed. Colour jumpers were in wrong order, so removed by colour first instead of connection number. Any ideas how to get up to full output ?

The maximum output of the 30 HE is preset at 75,000 Btu/hr but can be set to 100,000 Btu/hr (see section 10.8). All boilers automatically adjust their outputs according to the system load. 3. It is designed for use on Natural Gas (G20)

Needs to be around 20dc difference for it to have any chance of full burn

Reply to Baxi Solo 30 HE ie in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all,new to the forum and hoping to get some guidance through the boiler minefield . We moved into a 70s bungalow last Feb,its got a Greensted 241 junior mark 3. The expansion tank has failed, also it has a Boss therm sender unit wired to it but the previous owner didn't leave the receiver...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Got a problem with a Baxi Solo 3 PFL50 The "pilot on" light is on permanently It was intermittent, but is now permanent When this happened, the boiler would not go through the normal start-up sequence Turn on the control and the 'boiler on' light comes on, but goes no further I...
Replies
Views
I live in a very cold 3 bed detacthed house. We have a Baxi 400 heat only boiler and use Tado smart thermostat and controler to replace the old honeywell programmer. Pump is a CirculatingPumps CP50. The boiler flow temp is set at 75c and the thermistat is at 21c but it is not warm enough and...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, I have a challenge with a Main Eco Elite 30 Combi which is short cycling on the CH. Water works fine. As soon as you have call for heat, the boiler fires up, modulates, but jumps very quickly (about 30 seconds or so from 40'ish all the way to 70, burner disengages putting it the...
Replies
Views
A
Hi All, I have two sets of radiator pipes that need removing. Although neither set of pipes have radiators on them anymore they are both still connected to the system and contain water. A plumber I have spoken to says to remove them he'll cut the pipes vacuum out/up any water and then cap them...
Replies
Views
Adam Rifat
A
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock